ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

payment declined, when next payment?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

airdream
Newly Registered

payment declined, when next payment?

Post by airdream » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Hello!
I applied a month ago and shortly after I received a letter informing me that my bank has declined the payment the naturalisation. So I sent another payment slip but it has been more then 3 weeks that I didn't hear from HO and my acc wasn't debited so far.
I know that it's quite early to worry, but maybe someone had a similar situation? When do you think I will receive a decision?
All the best for you!
Airdream

Newbies
Newly Registered

Post by Newbies » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi airdream, did you contact your bank to find out why the payment was declined. Or there was no enough fund in the account.

Regards
Newbies

airdream
Newly Registered

Post by airdream » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:00 am

Hello
There was a limit on the credit card and I was much below the limit.This card has been declined before abroad a few times, so before sending the payslip for the first time I spoke with the bankers and they assured me that a UK payment should be OK ... And it wasn't :-(
Nevermind, I sent a payslip asking to debit my debit card this time, I think it is better in my case.
I didn't call the bank to find out the reason of the rejection. It will not change much.
Airdream

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Airdream,

I have applied for Nationality two weeks ago. My credit card has declined the payment last week which I came to know today when I rang the bank today to know whether the payment has gone through. they declined because normally I don't spend that much in one go. very foolish of them, They told me that if HO tries to take the payment now, it would go through.

I have not received letter from HO yet. In this situation I don't know what to do?

Please guide me.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:42 am

Just to update you all that I rang HO and they took the payment over the phone.

10hamilton
Newly Registered

Post by 10hamilton » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm

hi RAJ2007, I am in a similar situation. My credit card has declined the payment and I rang HO today. The guy asked me to wait for a letter from HO and send the payment again. How could you have asked them to take the payment over the phone? Do you need to quote your reference number? Did you receive an acknowledgment letter from HO before the payment? Thanks for your advice!

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:44 pm

I just rang them last Monday and told them that my credit card was declined, however, I am willing to pay over the phone, she asked for the HO reference no( old one), and then she put me through to the cashier and the cashier took the payment. I actually received the declined payment letter on tuesday. Today I received the confirmation of payment made on Monday along with credit card receipt. I asked the cashier to send the payment confirmation.

The letter that they send mentions that you need to make the payment by 14days, along with a payment slip. If you want you can wait for it also.

10hamilton
Newly Registered

Post by 10hamilton » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't even have an HO reference number yet. Haven't received the acknowledgement letter :( I wonder if they will even send me an acknowlegement letter if no payment is deducted. I think they won't accept the NCS tracking number?

lboro

Post by lboro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 am

Hi RAJ2007 and 10hamilton,
Just want to ask you what sort of documents did council want you to provide when you submit your application? I have been asked to provide documents similar to that of application for ILR and just want to know if all council ask that?

10hamilton
Newly Registered

Post by 10hamilton » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:58 pm

lboro wrote:Hi RAJ2007 and 10hamilton,
Just want to ask you what sort of documents did council want you to provide when you submit your application? I have been asked to provide documents similar to that of application for ILR and just want to know if all council ask that?
Documents required: passport(s) covering the period of stay in the UK and Life in UK test certificate.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:58 pm

just to add, if you and you wife applying together then you need show them marriage certificate. Also, you need to take with bank statement ( address proof) and you need to carry with you the ID that you provided for the LIUK test. For us, we used our Driving Licence for Life in the Uk test. We took that one. They took photocopy of the all the above document along with the passport that shows the first entry stamp and also the passports that cover last five year period. Other than that, you need the LIUK test certificate and payment slip.

10hamilton
Newly Registered

Post by 10hamilton » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:02 pm

RAJ2007 wrote: she asked for the HO reference no( old one), and then she put me through to the cashier and the cashier took the payment. .
Did you receive an acknowlegement letter from HO with a reference number before the payment? Thanks!

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:38 am

Have you got any letter from HO when you got your PR. or any old letter from HO which you received when you extended your visa previously. Check the reference no. and tell them that reference no.

I hope this is clear.

10hamilton
Newly Registered

Post by 10hamilton » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks for the information. Just to update: I received an acknowledgement letter on Monday and rang the HO to pay over the phone on Tuesday.

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

Post by Tangozebra » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 am

I am in the same situation, on the payment slip I selected VISA instead of DELTA and VISA is only for CC and not debit card payments. I called the bank to check if a payment was attempted and they said that they did not decline any payment as I had more than enough funds to cover the payment HO purported they tried to take out. Also, called HO and the muppet on the phone refused point blank to put me through to a cashier to make the payment, he insisted that I return the form they sent me :( . I am not a happy bunny at all as the letter states that I have till the 8th of October to make the payment, else, they will return the application. In any case, I sent the payment slip off last Thursday 29 Sep. with special delivery, so, hopefully they will deduct the right amount by 4th of October