ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier2 to Tier-1(Dependent) visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maanginni
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier2 to Tier-1(Dependent) visa

Post by maanginni » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi,

I've got my Tier1(G) visa valid from April-2010 till April-2013. I'm living and working in UK. My husband is also working in UK since past 2 years on Tier-2(ICT) visa. Now he wish to switch his visa to Tier-1 dependent so that he can work independently here in UK.
Since he cannot switch his visa while being in UK,We'll be applying his Tier-1 (dependent) visa from India.

My question is
1) Should he explicitly mention this along with the application ?
2) If yes, then should he mention this in Section-8 of VAF10 which asks for Additional Information or in the cover letter.

Gurus,
Please help..

Many Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier2 to Tier-1(Dependent) visa

Post by push » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 pm

maanginni wrote:1) Should he explicitly mention this along with the application ?
mention what? what are you referring to by "this"?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

maanginni
Newly Registered

Post by maanginni » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 pm

I mean that should he mention that he has been working in UK on Tier-2 visa and now wish to switch to dependent visa.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 pm

maanginni wrote:I mean that should he mention that he has been working in UK on Tier-2 visa and now wish to switch to dependent visa.
No harm in providing the information in the cover letter and other sections as relevant in the VAF form.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Do you have any concerns?
regards,
push

maanginni
Newly Registered

Post by maanginni » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Yes. My concern is that after knowing the applicant had been to UK on work permit and had been working there, they should not reject the visa these grounds.
That is the reason , we want to know that should we mention in detail about his work condition in UK or not ? And is yes, then what should we write in that section ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:35 pm

maanginni wrote:My concern is that after knowing the applicant had been to UK on work permit and had been working there
As a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant, he is allowed to. As long as he has not breached any immigration rules, there is nothing to worry about. Your husband can change from Tier 2 (ICT) to dependent of Tier 1 (General) migrant. So IMHO, there is no need to explicitly explain in a cover letter that he has been working in the UK on Tier 2 (ICT). It is your wish if you want to do so (or not do so).
maanginni wrote:they should not reject the visa these grounds.
They cannot, not for this reason.

As push has already mentioned, provide necessary information in the relevant sections of the VAF form.

regards

maanginni
Newly Registered

Post by maanginni » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:11 am

Thankyou so much for the reply.