ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help me, I am confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubyni

please help me, I am confused

Post by rubyni » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:50 am

My Partner is on PSW and expiring in Feb, I am on a student visa right now going to apply for PSW.

My question is can he go dependent under me (PSW),

and can we apply it together or I have to apply it first then ... he applies...?

I am quite confused!

a friend of mine said that my partner would actually have to leave the country and apply it from home country?

Can anyway advise me on this!

thank you,

RUby

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: please help me, I am confused

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 am

rubyni wrote:a friend of mine said that my partner would actually have to leave the country and apply it from home country?
Yes, and also
319C(c) wrote:(iii) the applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for a period of at least 2 years.
Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards

rubyni

Post by rubyni » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:42 am

thank you for the fast reply sushdmehta.

i'm sorry i didnt realised that i was saying the same things, must be the confused state doing it.

I did read on that, but does that mean you have to be in a relationship for more than two years or staying with each other more than two years.

In my case, I only have been staying with my partner for one year, but i have been with him for three years.

What kind of documents that i need to prove that?

i have a joint bank account with him thats all.

But i have pictures, emails, sms, and cards ( to prove three years)

will that be sufficient?

he already have a job, so must i still my pay slip and job status ?, because i was reading in some thread that it says when you bring in dependent, you will have to show that you have take care of them, ( which in my case, he already has a job)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:27 pm

319C(c) wrote:(iii) the applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for a period of at least 2 years.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

rubyni

Post by rubyni » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Dear sushdmehta,

Thank you for your reply.

Just now, i actually saw a immigration lawyer, and he said if my partner has already have entry clearance (which is PSW), he doesnt see a reason why he cant switch his category (into a dependent) in the UK, and he said it is possible for him to apply because he still have the rights to stay as his permit has not expired yet.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:30 pm

319C wrote:(h) An applicant who is applying for leave to remain, must have, or have last been granted, leave:

(i) as the Partner of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant,

(ii) as the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person with leave under another category of these Rules who has since been granted, or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(iii) in any other category of these Rules, provided the Relevant Points Based System Migrant has, or is being granted, leave to remain as a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant in the creative and sporting subcategory on the basis of having met the requirement at paragraph 245ZQ(b)(ii).
  • (i) If the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is a Tier 4 Migrant, the Tier 4 Migrant must be applying 4 for or have entry clearance or leave to remain for a course of study that is longer than six months.

rubyni

Post by rubyni » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:39 pm

okay.

please dont get annoyed me with.

I dont understand.

but it doesnt say that they have to apply it from outside UK?

rubyni

Post by rubyni » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:00 pm

well,

i just called UKBA!
he has to apply from outside the country.

I guess the lawyer did give me a wrong details.

Thank you so much for yr help.

Ruby.