ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I postpone taking Oath

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bob0209
Newly Registered

can I postpone taking Oath

Post by bob0209 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my wifes Naturalisation 2yr + 1 spouse via post. I am waiting for the documents to come back from home office.

since there is a death in her family she has to leave to india, ASAP so I have called the home office and they said I should receive the docs along with confirmation of approval in 10 days.

My question is once the approval notification is received I was told that we have to fix appointment with the council within 14 days for taking oath. Since she has to leave to india immdlty when the docs arrive can we postpone this oath taking process? she intented to be in india for the next 3 months is it possible?

the last question just by receiving the approval from homeoffice means she is british? and hence illegal to travel on india passport?

advise pls?

thanks,
bob

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: can I postpone taking Oath

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm

bob0209 wrote:the last question just by receiving the approval from homeoffice means she is british? and hence illegal to travel on india passport?
No, she will remain an Indian citizen until the time she receives her naturalisation certificate.

regards

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Also, you have to remember that you are required to attend a Citizenship Ceremony within 90 days of the approval notification.