ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent** Letter from Employer doesnt state Net and Gross.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marora
Newly Registered

Urgent** Letter from Employer doesnt state Net and Gross.

Post by marora » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 pm

I have got a letter from employer that states :-" that I received the payment of xxxx amount in period yyyyy."

Is it a valid format ?? as i doesnot mention the gross and net amount paid to me. In addition I have Salary Slips for this amount but in this while Gross salary is xxxx amount and Net income as 0.

Should I use the salary slip or Letter from employer to show as proof.

Right now I am in India and this letter i received from UK (as I was in UK for some time). I have only 3-4 days left to file the Visa otherwise I wont be able to show this amount as proof.Pls advice what can be done. Can I show letter from Charted Accountant for a proof(I am salaried person).

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

No, a chartered accountant letter would not serve the purpose. What is the problem with your payslips?

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm

This is what guidelines says for employer's letter-

#141 point iii -
'This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings
Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance version 07/2010 Page 23 of 43
are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

marora
Newly Registered

Post by marora » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm

aruni4470 wrote:No, a chartered accountant letter would not serve the purpose. What is the problem with your payslips?
Thanks alot for the prompt reply....

Actually the situation is :-
I was deputed to UK (from an Indian IT Company)for 2 years from Jan 2007 to Jan 2009. Some part of the allowance was not paid to me at that time.Then while staying in India, I received around 4000 pounds in July,2009 (while i was working in India).
This amount is important for me to show in Eranings as without it I donot get enough points .Now the salary slip from UK for this month mentions 4000 pound as gross and 0 as net. HR said that net is 0 as it was not part of salary so slip cannot mention 4000 in net.
I asked for letter from employer and letter states that "Mr x while on delegation to UK received payment of 4000 pound in July,2009. These were paid separately from his normal salary."
For the same period I have bank slip which mntions that 4000 pound is credited in my bank account in July,2009.

I AM EXPECTING A QUICK RESPONSE SO THAT I CAN APPLY WITHIN NEXT 3 DAYS. THIS IS THE ONLY THING PENDING FOR CLARIFICATION.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Given the facts, you may not be able to claim points for this 4000 pounds.

In the salary slip - that shows 4000 gross and 0 net - what deductions have been made to arrive at net 0?

regards

marora
Newly Registered

Post by marora » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:32 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Given the facts, you cannot claim points for this 4000 pounds.

regards
Hi, can i ask the reason , why I cannt claim the points ? This amount I have earned during July,2009(although I am not going to explain authority that I was deputed in UK and this amount is pending since that period). I will simply show it as my earning during that period.
I can show this as earning while staying in india as both the organisations in uk and india are the same.

marora
Newly Registered

Post by marora » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Given the facts, you may not be able to claim points for this 4000 pounds.

In the salary slip - that shows 4000 gross and 0 net - what deductions have been made to arrive at net 0?

regards
In deduction coloumn it states as SAL ADV.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:37 pm

marora wrote:

regards
Hi, can i ask the reason , why I cannt claim the points ? This amount I have earned during July,2009(although I am not going to explain authority that I was deputed in UK and this amount is pending since that period). I will simply show it as my earning during that period.
I can show this as earning while staying in india as both the organisations in uk and india are the same.
The responses above make it very clear as to why you may not use this 4000 pounds to claim earnings - as you may not have documentary evidence (as specified) from two independent sources to prove this income. If still in doubt, reading the guidance carefully will help.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm

marora wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Given the facts, you may not be able to claim points for this 4000 pounds.

regards
As per payslip net income = 0. As per bank statement income earned 4000! Mismatch!

If deduction is due to salary advance, this credit in your bank statement (4000 pounds) should be in any month prior to this payslip (company paid salary for the said month in advance and has now deducted the amount from your income). Advance being credited in the same month for which the pay is due is bound to raise a flag.

regards

marora
Newly Registered

Post by marora » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:52 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
marora wrote:

regards
The responses above make it very clear as to why you may not use this 4000 pounds to claim earnings - as you may not have documentary evidence (as specified) from two independent sources to prove this income. If still in doubt, reading the guidance carefully will help.

regards

Thanks alot :D for prompt reply .
I have 2 evidences :
1) Bank statement which 4000 pound.
2) Letter from Employer(in the format i mentioned in message above) and the salary slip also(format I mentioned above)

The only point of delimma for me is in salary slip Net=0 and letter of employer doenot states gross and net amount(letter only mentions payments of 4000 paid to me).
Iknow letter from Employer and Salary slip are considered as same proof.

Kindly guide me !!!!

marora
Newly Registered

Post by marora » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:54 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
marora wrote:

regards
As per payslip net income = 0. As per bank statement income earned 4000! Mismatch!

If deduction is due to salary advance, this credit in your bank statement (4000 pounds) should be in any month prior to this payslip (company paid salary for the said month in advance and has now deducted the amount from your income). Advance being credited in the same month for which the pay is due is bound to raise a flag.

regards
So can i use the letter from employer for the same. Or should i include letter from employer + salary slips + bank statement ?

marora
Newly Registered

GOT VISA....

Post by marora » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am

WITH GODS GRACE & BLESSINGS :D , INSPITE OF ALL THE CONFUSIONS AND SUGGESTION NOT TO APPLY FOR VISA STILL I GOT IT LAST WEEK.

THANKS ALOT FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND ADVICE. :lol:

swati

Post by swati » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:10 pm

HI marora,

Congratulations!!
so you gave the letter from employer or the pay slip also along with the bank statement?

Did you explain all of these in the cover letter?

marora
Newly Registered

GOT VISA....

Post by marora » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:09 pm

I submitted the letter from employer.

swati

Post by swati » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 am

the letter mentioned the total pay for the claimed period or month wise pay? Did it mention that one month pay was zero, as advance was taken a month back?