ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to send in Passport for visa stamping

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swadez
Newly Registered

When to send in Passport for visa stamping

Post by swadez » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:45 pm

My brother jut got an email saying that he needs to submit his passport to the nearest GERRYS so it can be stamped with a UK family visit visa.

He does not want to travel until mid-December so what are his options. Can he delay sending in his passport? And if he send it in now when can he get it back by?

He wants to stay for a full 6 months.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: When to send in Passport for visa stamping

Post by hunpak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 pm

swadez wrote:My brother jut got an email saying that he needs to submit his passport to the nearest GERRYS so it can be stamped with a UK family visit visa.

He does not want to travel until mid-December so what are his options. Can he delay sending in his passport? And if he send it in now when can he get it back by?

He wants to stay for a full 6 months.
thats all right he should send his passport with the intended date of travel .. probably they (BHC) will take the same amount in processing the case..

i don't know if there is any deadline of submitting the passport though...i submitted my mom's visitor visa in july and she got her latter in early may..

swadez
Newly Registered

Post by swadez » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 pm

hunpak wrote:thats all right he should send his passport with the intended date of travel .. probably they (BHC) will take the same amount in processing the case..

i don't know if there is any deadline of submitting the passport though...i submitted my mom's visitor visa in july and she got her latter in early may..
So you got call letter in May and submitted passport in July?

how long did it take for passport to come back?

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 pm

swadez wrote:
hunpak wrote:thats all right he should send his passport with the intended date of travel .. probably they (BHC) will take the same amount in processing the case..

Sorry for late replay i was bit busy..

yes 5th july..

the passport was back on 17 sept.
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document