ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner visa granted today :)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quarck
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner visa granted today :)

Post by quarck » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:07 pm

Me and my boyfriend just came back from Croydon and I logged in here to let you know that I got my new visa!!!

We organised all our photos, documents, emails in neat folders and went there :) We didn't have to wait on the queue because we had an appointment so we went straight through :) We passed through security and went to reception, where the woman checked our documents to see if we had everything they needed. She was quite tough though, and scared us a bit, but at the end she allowed us to go. So we went upstairs and paid. As soon as we finished paying, our number was called! We didn't have to wait. Then, they checked all the documents thoroughly, making sure we had enough proof of cohabitation in the last two years. They didn't check our photos though.

Then they did some photocopies and asked us to wait for the passport for up to two hours. But in around 20 minutes they called us again, asked me to check if the details were correct and that's it!!! I got it!

I'm so happy and wanted to share this with you.

Thank you so much for all the tips received here. ;-)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:17 pm

congratulations!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

inUK
Newly Registered

Post by inUK » Wed May 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi Quarck,

Just wondering if you applied with the FLR form (under the UK law, is any of you British?) and if you paid the £500 to get the visa on the same day?

Thanks!