ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Maintenance funds query

Post by ashu.doc » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:06 am

I have applied for Tier 2 general, my occupation is shortage occupation list, I had claimed points for maintainence fund, but I didnt read in my letter from sponsor, they wrote ""should it become necessary, it will provide a limit of £800 maintenance and accommodation funds to you up until the end of the first month of your employment. The Trust will also undertake to provide a limit of £533 maintenance and accommodation funds for each of your dependants, should it become necessary, up until the end of the first month of your employment." Is it going to matter anyhow? since I am maintaining my funds myself but my sponsor says it can also maintain my funds, although I have claimed points in PBS.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:34 pm

You have already applied :lol: so relax and hope for good.

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Dear member,
I have recently got a job in UK but I do not have 800 pounds as maintainence money so I asked my employer to certify it. They have given me a letter saying that they will sponsor me for the first month but on sponsorship certificate it say that they will not. I asked the HR people who told me it will not be a problem in getting visa and this how they normally do.
Please can somebody advice

Thanks

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 pm

black7 wrote:Dear member,
I have recently got a job in UK but I do not have 800 pounds as maintainence money so I asked my employer to certify it. They have given me a letter saying that they will sponsor me for the first month but on sponsorship certificate it say that they will not. I asked the HR people who told me it will not be a problem in getting visa and this how they normally do.

Thanks
No, they must indicate in COS that they will maintain u for the first month. Now only thing i can think of is, ur employer can amend ur COS (they can explain in sponsor's notes of COS)

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:24 pm

mt_dilber wrote:
black7 wrote:Dear member,

Thanks
No, they must indicate in COS that they will maintain u for the first month. Now only thing i can think of is, ur employer can amend ur COS (they can explain in sponsor's notes of COS)
Thanks a lot for the reply,
I know it is a very daft question but how can they add notes in COS, because I think I will need to explain to them how to do it. I went to them today with a copy of guidence which states that Home office will only accept if it is on COS, but they still gave me a letter on trust pad and said, I will not have any problem.
Thanks

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 pm

black7,

ur sponsor has access to Sponsor Management system, they should know how to amend or put sponsor's notes, u should show them Tier2 guidance notes to prove ur point. Thing is if u get refused on the basis of maintenance, u will lose ur money and time. Ur sponsor will also lose £170 (COS fee).

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks a lot for your help