ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Job Applications!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanji
Newly Registered

UK Job Applications!

Post by nanji » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:01 pm

Dear All,

I started applying for jobs in UK. I did receive a slightly positive response when I falsely told in the application that I already have a work permit. Every phone call that i received asked whether I have the work permit or not. I told that it will take 3 to 4 months, so they refused straight forward.

What I wanted to ask is that how do people in general here on the group, who havent got a work permit yet, are able to provide job offer letters to the HSMP for urgent processing? I am not even able to get my self an interview. The first question is always about work permit and then its finished. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

cheers,
nanji

baskey

Re: UK Job Applications!

Post by baskey » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:40 am

nanji wrote:Dear All,
I did receive a slightly positive response when I falsely told in the application that I already have a work permit.

cheers,
nanji
never write false info. on your application because u will tend to loose good consultant and employer when you actually get your HSMP. So just mention- In the process of getting workpermit under HSMP by July 2004 or some tentative dates. So that, they know you are going to get it and if your skills are in demand they will surely wait for your arrival.

Hope i have not hurted you any way.

Regards,

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:23 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will take care next time. But most of the recruiting website have online forms to fill out and there they do not have an option for work permit under process etc. They ask yes or no. And I am sure that if I say no, they wont even call me, because before even looking at the application they look at whether the candidate has a work permit or no.

Adnan