ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

usa visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talk2famo
Newly Registered

usa visa

Post by talk2famo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 am

My wife is a uk citizen, i came to uk last year 2009 on my spouse visa.
my wife wanted us to go on holiday to us, am working. i was at the usa embassy in london, i was denied the visa. what do i need to do, or how long do i need to live in the uk to be issued a usa visa. the man on the desk asked what am going to do in usa, which i told him, he then said am not qualified at this time, pls best advice on this. does it mean that someone with a spouse visa can go on holidays to usa

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:13 am

It's only a guess, but I suspect that until you have Indefinite Leave to Remain they're not happy to issue a visa. Why didn't you ask the "man on the desk"? You probably need to get in touch with a US Visa consultant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:42 am

What were the reasons given for the denial?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.