ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Earnings and Funds for Tier 1 Visa Extension.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abiodua
Newly Registered

Evidence of Earnings and Funds for Tier 1 Visa Extension.

Post by abiodua » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 am

I want to thank everyone at immigrationboards on how they resolve and give answers to questions.
Please I'll need Gurus in the house to help with the following

Myself and my family moved to UK on PBS Tier 1 general visa, my wife happens to be the main applicant because she had an Msc at the time we applied
As the Dependant while in the UK i had registered for my Msc and due to finish in January and also got a full time job that pays up to £30,000 per annum but my wife has not been able to get a job that pays up to that amount and we need £30,000 to earn the 75points required for extension of our Tier 1 visa
These are my questions
1. For the purpose of extension of our Tier 1 visa can we combine earnings over a one year period because combing earnings gives us above £50,000 per annum in total earnings

2. If the one above is not possible what do i do because I've to act fast before our visas expire. May be an option to another country

Please i need advice from the Gurus in House. Thank You

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Evidence of Earnings and Funds for Tier 1 Visa Extension

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:12 am

abiodua wrote:I want to thank everyone at immigrationboards on how they resolve and give answers to questions.
Please I'll need Gurus in the house to help with the following

Myself and my family moved to UK on PBS Tier 1 general visa, my wife happens to be the main applicant because she had an Msc at the time we applied
As the Dependant while in the UK i had registered for my Msc and due to finish in January and also got a full time job that pays up to £30,000 per annum but my wife has not been able to get a job that pays up to that amount and we need £30,000 to earn the 75points required for extension of our Tier 1 visa
These are my questions
1. For the purpose of extension of our Tier 1 visa can we combine earnings over a one year period because combing earnings gives us above £50,000 per annum in total earnings

2. If the one above is not possible what do i do because I've to act fast before our visas expire. May be an option to another country

Please i need advice from the Gurus in House. Thank You
If you mean combining your and your wife's earnings then, NO you cannot do it. If the main applicant does not get required points then you cannot extend your visa.

abiodua
Newly Registered

Post by abiodua » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:14 am

Ok thank you

Is it then possible to switch to another visa category like Tier 2 work work permit since i have a full time employment here in the UK or my employers will have to be the ones to do it.
I pray my wife can still get something that will add up to £30k for our renewal

Thanks
Last edited by abiodua on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 am

abiodua wrote:Ok thank you

Is it then possible to switch to another visa category like Tier 2 work work permit since i have a full time employment here in the UK or my employers will have to be the ones to do it.

Thanks
Your employer has to sponsor you for tier 2 visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... 2/general/