ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I trust IAS to help settlement visa appeal?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mamalim6
Newly Registered

Can I trust IAS to help settlement visa appeal?

Post by mamalim6 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:35 am

Hi
I have been refused as fiancee visa lately. My fiace has an advisor from IAS to help us to do appeal. but we need to pay 350 pounds which seems the same price as any qualified immigration solicitor in high street to lodge appeal.

i am also not in fullly trust of him as our application has been refused by the help of him as well.

Does any one know about IAS? Are they qualified immigration soliciors? Can I trust their services? or it is better I go for other legal service firm?

Thanks for any replies

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:00 pm

As far as I know, they are qualified Immigration Solicitors. Any application could be refused, it does not matter who's your solicitor. Having said that, if you are not happy with your solicitor, you can always look for any OISC approved one(sometimes through recommendation).

Good luck
Live and let live

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am

My personal experience of IAS was not positive as they gave me the same advice as the CAB.
I was categorically told that my wife's visa had no chance of success but they were wrong

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 am

I understand that the quality and level of advise from the IAS depends greatly on who your actual advisor is and their competance. Something of a lottery. :?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:12 pm

mamalim6
Newly Registered

Post by mamalim6 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 am

my advisor seems to be quite comfident to claim that as a whole the Entry Clearance Officer decision on my case appears to be poor and is easily challengeable .

However, He did not even find out a tiny mistake in a housing inspection report before i submitted my application.

After he got my refusal answer, he suddenly turns to be quite 'professional ' to my case !
I am totally in lost. :?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:46 am

Get a second opinion from a different OISC registered advisor.

regards

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 am

We used the IAS in Peterborough for my Husbands appeal and they were excellent.

They definately helped us win and if I had any quesitons they were really nice and willing to help.

I would recommend them to everybody.

Good Luck.

:D :D