ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview tips please...

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Informatician
Newly Registered

Interview tips please...

Post by Informatician » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi, I am new to UK job environment and I got my first face to face interview scheduled for next week. I heard that UK interview patterns are bit different.

Could you please give me some general interview tips?

Thanks in Advance....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Interview tips please...

Post by ElenaW » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Informatician wrote:Hi, I am new to UK job environment and I got my first face to face interview scheduled for next week. I heard that UK interview patterns are bit different.

Thanks in Advance....
Dress well, research the company before hand, be prepared in case there is any exam they make you take (has been common in my experience). They should tell you beforehand if there's an exam by the way.
I tell it like it is.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:59 am

Be absolutely thorough with your Resume and what work/projects you did when.
Also, be clear of what was your specific role/responsibility in each of the projects/companies/levels that you list in the CV.

Face to face, be it technical or managerial, tends to be more about YOU as a person and how would you fit in the company. Many companies in the UK want to know you as a person, see how well you communicate and very importantly - if you know what you are talking about technically or managerially. Unlike other countries, they dont see it a negative if you dont know something technical because you never had the chance to work on it. But they do find it a big negative if you are not sure of the work you have done and if claim you know something but fall well short of it

Be truthful - in your CV and in the way you talk and you will do great
All the best!!!

KP

nkrdwh
Newly Registered

Re: Interview tips please...

Post by nkrdwh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Informatician wrote:Hi, I am new to UK job environment and I got my first face to face interview scheduled for next week. I heard that UK interview patterns are bit different.

Thanks in Advance....
Are you working on Informatica?

twister

What kind of Interview?

Post by twister » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Interesting question.

I have recently been through a harrowing 'Competency Based Interview' for a major telecom fast track program. And I did not do well as it was not a normal skills based interview. Please find out if it is a CBI or skills interview. Nevertheless, it may help if everyone is familiar with the structure, read about it more here:

http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/competenc ... -interview

Hope this helps.