ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consultant or Self Apply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pria
Newly Registered

Consultant or Self Apply

Post by Pria » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Hey Guys,

My husband is into IT and we guys are planning on applying for Tier1.Have spoken to a couple for consultants and the average they are charging is about 50k....i wana ask if its a good idea to apply on ur own rathr than wasting tht money...are there ppl out there who have applied on their own n gotten thru..wat r the things u suggest one shud b careful abt..?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Consultant or Self Apply

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 am

Pria wrote:Hey Guys,

My husband is into IT and we guys are planning on applying for Tier1.Have spoken to a couple for consultants and the average they are charging is about 50k....i wana ask if its a good idea to apply on ur own rathr than wasting tht money...are there ppl out there who have applied on their own n gotten thru..wat r the things u suggest one shud b careful abt..?
Wrong part of forum though to ask this question.It would be more appropriate if you ask the same on the Tier-1 section as you will get more responses ...

However,IMO there is no need to get a consultant for filing your application . I asked the same question when i started on this forum and I am extremely thankful to the members that they advised me against roping in a consultant. I filed my application myself and believeme it is not that difficult if your case is straightforward...good luck!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Moved to Tier 1 (General) forum.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Sounds expensive. See also Any good law firm recommendation?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Vinny, that's 50K in Indian Rupees (approx. 700 quids). OP is applying from India.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Thanks, sushdmehta.

Here's an interesting comment:
Lord Justice Longmore wrote:86. It is unfortunate that this court has now construed Rule 322(1A) to mean the opposite of what, at least on one view, it appears, on its face, to say. But one must remember that, as pointed out in MO (Nigeria) [2009] 1 WLR 1230 the immigration rules are statements of policy not the law of the land. In these circumstances formal statements in Parliament or in correspondence with interested parties cannot be gainsaid by the Secretary of State when it comes to interpreting the Rules.

87. I am left perplexed and concerned how any individual whom the Rules affect (especially perhaps a student, like Mr A, who is seeking a variation of his leave to remain in the United Kingdom) can discover what the policy of the Secretary of State actually is at any particular time if it necessitates a trawl through Hansard or formal Home Office correspondence as well as through the comparatively complex Rules themselves. It seems that it is only with expensive legal assistance, funded by the taxpayer, that justice can be done.
Last edited by vinny on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:39 am

if you have all the required documents according to UKBA tier1 immigration policy,than i think you should apply yourself.fill the application form carefully and submit it yourself.before applying ,if you calculate your points using UKBA website on tier1 points calculator than it shall help you alot.if you need any help than you can ask me because my tier1 general visa been issued recently....:) :D :lol:

lindav
Newly Registered

Post by lindav » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 am

I think you can self apply. Read the guidance document carefully and ensure all supporting documents are supplied and verified and match up.

This forum is very good in helping answer any questios you may have.

Pria
Newly Registered

Post by Pria » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 am

thanks a lot guys..i feel much more confident applying on my own now..