ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abraCadabra

bank statements

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:54 am

For how many months they do they want bank statements exactly?
On UKBA website there is a number 3 months... On some guidance i found on the web for settlement and Family Permits it says 6 months...

We managed to get statements only for the last 4 months. In the bank they say to get for 6 months we have to wait for 2 weeks :(

Do you think I can apply for my EEA family permit with statements for 4 months?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:12 am

A bit of background ..... how is the EEA Citizen exercising Treaty Rights in the UK? Employed? Self-employed? Or how?
John

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:54 am

If you have found such information on the web it would be useful to link to it. This information here does not mentions any set period. I would obviously also depend on how long the EEA national has already been in the UK. (Interestingly, this link appears to indicate that all mentioned documents would be necessary quite in contrast to the RC card application.)

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 am

the checklist that I found:

http://www.vfs-uk-et.com/images/SETTLEM ... 20LIST.pdf

http://www.vfs-uk-ug.com/images/SETTLEM ... CKLIST.pdf

My husband has been employed in UK for 2 months now. He is in UK since 15.05.2010. Also, i have been refused a FP in July, so I am reapplying. The reason for refusal was that the ECO wasn't satisfied that my husband is self-employed (he was working on a project as self employed and by the time of my application hasn't received any payments for that work).

This time I will apply with documents from his current job as an employee.

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 am

There is actually a bit of confusion about his time in UK.
He was there since March 2009, but wasn't working. He then already got an NI number and opened a bank account.
In spring 2010 he spent almost 2 months in my country and we got married.

When I was applying for FP in July, I was recommended to put in the application the date of his return after our wedding (15.05.2010) as the start of his time in UK.

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 am

86ti wrote:If you have found such information on the web it would be useful to link to it. This information here does not mentions any set period. I would obviously also depend on how long the EEA national has already been in the UK. (Interestingly, this link appears to indicate that all mentioned documents would be necessary quite in contrast to the RC card application.)

In this guidance (bank statements or bank books) it says 6 months as well:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... seeafamily

Shit. I just wonder what happened to the banks in the UK and why it's so hard for them to issue statements on request...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:34 am

That's an exceptionally excessive list. Under EEA regulations you would only need a small number of those mentioned. Lumping requirements for settlement and EEA regulations together is particular idiotic. And the EEA route doesn't know about 'sponsors'... The last document from UKVisas, the most trustworthy I would think, says 'up to six months'.

In any case, your husband should write a strong cover letter explaining the current situation referring to the EEA regulations. Bank statements for 4 months and an employment letter and/or contract should be fine.

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:43 am

86ti wrote:That's an exceptionally excessive list. Under EEA regulations you would only need a small number of those mentioned. Lumping requirements for settlement and EEA regulations together is particular idiotic. And the EEA route doesn't know about 'sponsors'... The last document from UKVisas, the most trustworthy I would think, says 'up to six months'.

In any case, your husband should write a strong cover letter explaining the current situation referring to the EEA regulations. Bank statements for 4 months and an employment letter and/or contract should be fine.

We have prepared a cover letter from him with info about his job and details of our relationship. How exactly do you suggest to refer to the EEA regulations?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 am

abraCadabra wrote:
86ti wrote:That's an exceptionally excessive list. Under EEA regulations you would only need a small number of those mentioned. Lumping requirements for settlement and EEA regulations together is particular idiotic. And the EEA route doesn't know about 'sponsors'... The last document from UKVisas, the most trustworthy I would think, says 'up to six months'.

We have prepared a cover letter from him with info about his job and details of our relationship. How exactly do you suggest to refer to the EEA regulations?
Just mention that you apply for an EEA FP under Provision 12 of the EEA regulations and that your husband is a 'qualified person' as per Provision 6(1)(b) and thus he submits the following documents as proof. BTW, what is his nationality.

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 am

86ti wrote:
abraCadabra wrote:

Just mention that you apply for an EEA FP under Provision 12 of the EEA regulations and that your husband is a 'qualified person' as per Provision 6(1)(b) and thus he submits the following documents as proof. BTW, what is his nationality.
Poland... He is already registered under WRS.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:12 pm

abraCadabra, as regards the UKBA you provide a link to, I am appalled that they ask for so much information.

As regards Bank Statements, which is what you are asking about, I think just supply the bank statements that show receipt of his employment income, that is, that confirm that he is indeed in receipt of employment income ... and thus confirm that he is exercising Treaty Rights.
John

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:36 pm

John wrote:abraCadabra, as regards the UKBA you provide a link to, I am appalled that they ask for so much information.

As regards Bank Statements, which is what you are asking about, I think just supply the bank statements that show receipt of his employment income, that is, that confirm that he is indeed in receipt of employment income ... and thus confirm that he is exercising Treaty Rights.
I too hoped so!
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 am

Everything turned out right and I've got my EEA FP today. Thanks to everybody for support :D

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 am

Congratulations!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 am

Congratulations, too! What documents did you send in at the end and would you mind telling us which consulate it was?

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 am

Visa center in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
I received Passport back in 8 working days.
Docs I submitted:
A cover letter from me
1. A support letter from husband
2. A certified copy of his passport
3. A confirmation letter from his employer
4. Recent payslips, 7 items
5. Worker Registration Scheme registration certificate
6. His bank statements
7. A contract of his employment
8. Invoices for previous work as self employed (2 items) - I included it just in case, because previously I was refused entry clearance, as ECO wasn't satisfied that husband was indeed self employed.

9. Our marriage certificate
10. Confirmation of accommodation in UK (letter)
11. A reference from my employer
12. My bank statements
13. A letter of confirmation from my bank
14. Confirmation that I own real estate
16. Ticket booking
17. My IELTS certificate
18. Confirmation of my qualification, just in case :)
19. Confirmation of my husband’s travels to Kazakhstan earlier this year (a certified copy of his visa page + tickets booking)
20. Our private photographs (9 items)
21. Recent birthday card from my husband
22. Prints from my email with our communications.