ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration of minor born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andro11
Newly Registered

registration of minor born abroad

Post by andro11 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Dear All

I need advice on the following on registration of my son born outside of UK

I have ILR and due for BC application in three month time

My son is 2 years and 9 month has been in UK for 1 year and half obtained ILR at the same time with me

Mather is on settlement visa did not get the ILR with me because she did not do the life in the uk test (was pregnant) and our 2nd baby is british

My question are

can I apply for my son registration at the same time when I apply for naturalization?

I know that his application would be under discretion but how big is the chance of him getting registered?

Thanks for any help

vinny

Re: registration of minor born abroad

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:47 pm

andro11 wrote:can I apply for my son registration at the same time when I apply for naturalization?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:31 pm

can I apply for my son registration at the same time when I apply for naturalization?
Yes you can and in effect the chance of success if the same as your chance of success for Naturalisation That is, in effect, if your Naturalisation application is granted, so will your son's application under section 3(1).

But what about your wife's current UK visa status? What sort of visa does she have now? And has she now passed the Life in the UK Citizenship test?
John

andro11
Newly Registered

Post by andro11 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the late reply,
My wife has a 2 years spouse visa since 1st of july and due to looking after my little doughter (9 month old), she will start studying ESOL course early next year, so hoping that she will have enough time to finish her course before the end of the 2 years residence permit she got

Thanks a lot

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm

What your wife needs to do is either pass the Life in the UK Citizenship test, or alternatively she needs a completion certificate from a combined ESOL/Citizenship course. ESOL by itself is not sufficient for the purpose.

Also appreciate that if she has previously had a spouse visa, and then got another 2-year spouse visa, as soon as she has the required certificate she can apply for her ILR, without needing to wait until near the end of the current 2-year spouse visa.
John

andro11
Newly Registered

Post by andro11 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your reply, I am hoping that my wife will pass the life in the uk test or the ESOL+ citizenshp material before the end of the two years

thanks a lot for your help

Best wishes