ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help please, re: general visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

osprey
Newly Registered

Urgent help please, re: general visit visa

Post by osprey » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi everybody, i will try to give you as much info as possible.

I am a British citizen born in uk to british parents, i have been in lebanon for nearly 2 and a half years, i married a lebanese woman exactly 2 years ago.
we have a little girl together who has british nationality also, (passport + birth cert)

I am applying for a 6 month general visa for my wife ,which i did online with the reason to visit my parents, we plan just to live in uk till after new year, i think i have every document in place and she has an appointment for 30-sept for her bio metrics etc, My wife has a good amount in her bank account so no one is sponsoring her she is paying for flights to and fro uk and her food,

docs we have =

Code: Select all

fully filled appication
wifes passport, my passport, daughters passport
wifes birth cert + translation, my birth cert , daughters birth cert
marriage cert + translation, wifes ID card
bank letter signed, stamped etc showing wifes balances
she has a large home here in lebanon with shops, so we provided details of this, (could be proof she will return to lebanon?)
Wedding photos + pics from birthdays etc here in lebanon
Letter from my mum agreeing for my wife to stay + mums birth certificate (she doesnt have a passport unfortunately)
a bill showing my mums address.
I'am thinking about cancelling however as i have just realised there might be a problem proving where she will live..

in the application i stated we would live with my mother and my mum sent a letter of invitation, my dad agreed also to give her permission when i spoke to him on phone as he lives in another home.. i gave dads details on the application

there is just 2 days max till the appointment and im worried i need extra evidence from my mum i.e rent payments, utility bills. it's not possible for her to post these in the small timeframe, do i really need them? we have enogh money to live in a hotel but im worried her visa application will be refused without a rent agreemnet from my mother. my mother isnt a sponsor is she? my wife stated on application she is funding the trip herself and has funds to survive 6 months also with evidence from bank.

should i cancel the appointment and wait on a rent agreement from my mum or go ahead regardless?

thanks in advance i hope i have given enough info.

:wink: