ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Registration or EU1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luv2tr4v3l
Newly Registered

GNIB Registration or EU1 application

Post by luv2tr4v3l » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 pm

hello! i just got here in Dublin almost 2 weeks ago. At the airport, the immigration officer told me to register at Garda immigration within a month (Oct. 15).Btw, I got here on Joint EU Spouse Visa. Just read some posts about applying for EU1. I am now confused...which should i do first? register at GARDA or apply right away for EU1? im afraid if i apply for the EU1, i might not get an acknowledgement letter before oct. 15.

One more thing...do i need to provide all the supporting documents in the checklist for the EU1 application. My husband just started job last Monday and still sorting out tax credit certificate and other stuff. Would his work contract and our least contract for our new flat suffice?

thank you very much

fatty patty

Re: GNIB Registration or EU1 application

Post by fatty patty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:54 pm

luv2tr4v3l wrote:hello! i just got here in Dublin almost 2 weeks ago. At the airport, the immigration officer told me to register at Garda immigration within a month (Oct. 15).Btw, I got here on Joint EU Spouse Visa. Just read some posts about applying for EU1. I am now confused...which should i do first? register at GARDA or apply right away for EU1? im afraid if i apply for the EU1, i might not get an acknowledgement letter before oct. 15.

One more thing...do i need to provide all the supporting documents in the checklist for the EU1 application. My husband just started job last Monday and still sorting out tax credit certificate and other stuff. Would his work contract and our least contract for our new flat suffice?

thank you very much

If you go and get reigstered with GNIB they will refer you to EU1 application procedure...but alteast this way you have gone to GNIB first and they would have this on the record. Save you from worrying that the letter will or wont arrive before 15th.

I think you do need to submit the lot of it. If you are short of any docs why not put it in the cover letter and as soon as you get them send them straightaway with another covering letter.

Ref: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights