ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residents Association Limited Company - A silly question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MJNair

Residents Association Limited Company - A silly question

Post by MJNair » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 pm

This question may sound silly...

My husband is here on a Tier 2 ICT visa & I am on a Tier 1 visa. We will be moving to a new apartment soon. The maintenance of the flat is taken care of by a Limited Company set up by all the residents of the building. The company has directors and other executive members who take care of the running of this company i.e the maintenance of the building by collecting an annual maintenance amount.
We, as new residents are expected to become members (at the least non-executive members) of this company by paying a nominal membership amount. We do not intend to be involved in the day-to-day running of the company other than become members and paying the maintenance amount required of us.

Does any of this go against any of the conditions set by HO for Tier 2 ICT conditions or work? - ..... No employment other than for the employer who sponsored your T2..... cannot start up or run a business....

It doesn't seem like an issue to me... but I would like to know if any of you think otherwise.