ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC process for spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meegs81
Newly Registered

BC process for spouse

Post by meegs81 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 pm

I arrived in the UK on a fiance visa on 13 April 2009.
Got a spouse visa (FLR) in Feb 2010

When can I apply for british citizenship? I am Australian married to a british national.

Does my time here on a working holiday visa matter? (on and off for 2 years from March 2006)

Also I have a daughter born in Australia to a british father. She has a british passport. Does she need any other paperwork completed?

Thanks for advice

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:15 pm

OK, so you next need to get your ILR, or whatever it is called at the time, and you cannot get that until early 2012. Having got that ILR, you could well have the right to apply for Naturalisation soon after that .... as long as the legislation does not change in the meantime. and it might well change, and force even the spouse of a British Citizen to have their ILR for at least one year before applying for their Naturalisation.

Before arriving on 13.04.09, were you in the UK in 2009 before that? If so please post exact dates.

Your British daughter? Nothing to do.
John

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 pm

In the new law, time spent under WHM may not be considered for naturalisation via spouse route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.