ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal in uk or overseas after settlement visa refused ??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mamalim6
Newly Registered

appeal in uk or overseas after settlement visa refused ??

Post by mamalim6 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi,
my solicitor will lodge an appeal in uk for me lately.. However, I heard from someone that it would he better if I could post my appeal directly to the british consulate in China where i have been refused. It will take less time to wait and ECO will review my case to give me a reconsideration quickly??

I wonder what difference if i lodge an appeal in the uk rather than in China? Which option is to get a chance for reconsideration soon?

I have not have much time to choose yet. Many Thanks

NT1234

Post by NT1234 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:24 pm

THEY SAY IT CAN SAVE 2 WEEKS TO NOTHING... AS THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE DONE REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LODGE YOUR APPEAL..A RE-CONSIDERATION...ITS PART OF THE PROCESS BUT DOING IT DIRECTLY FROM CHINA MIGHT SAVE YOU A WEEK OR SO...NOTHING SIGNIFICANT BUT MUCH HARDER TO TRACE THE PROGRESS WHEREAS LODGING FROM HERE YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY GET AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:19 pm

NT1234 wrote:THEY SAY IT CAN SAVE 2 WEEKS TO NOTHING... AS THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL BE DONE REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LODGE YOUR APPEAL..A RE-CONSIDERATION...ITS PART OF THE PROCESS BUT DOING IT DIRECTLY FROM CHINA MIGHT SAVE YOU A WEEK OR SO...NOTHING SIGNIFICANT BUT MUCH HARDER TO TRACE THE PROGRESS WHEREAS LODGING FROM HERE YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY GET AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER.
I think it takes longer than one or two weeks. On average it takes 4- 6 weeks for AIT to get papers to the BHC in the country where the application was lodged. By sending it direct to the BHC is the better option if you can ensure that it will get there within the time period ( 28 days) and that it will itself get there. If in doubt then its safer to send to AIT in UK