ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - English Languate Proficiency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zu79
Newly Registered

HSMP - English Languate Proficiency

Post by zu79 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Will evidence of any/all of following will suffice for HSMP English Language Proficiency evidence??

1. Higher Secondary School Leaving certificate showing medium of instruction as English
2. Secondary school marksheet showing English as Higher Level Language
3. Higher Secondary school marksheet showing English as Higher Level language.
4. Stayed in US for 4 months on a business B1 Visa.
5. Have H1-B valid visa.

Appreciate your help

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:29 pm

off course it will work.

mskiki
Newly Registered

Post by mskiki » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:59 pm

I have a friend who has been working on a process for Canadian Immigration. She's been in the US for last 20 years, have a bachelor and a master degree, currently working with H1B visa, but still was asked to take the English Language Profeciency Exam. I don't know if it's same for the UK migrant programme, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Because if the office won't accept your diploma, the application will be either return to you, or you will be asked to take the exam. Either case, it will delay the process of your application.

Best Regards,
mskiki

simar

Post by simar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:15 pm

mskiki wrote:I have a friend who has been working on a process for Canadian Immigration. She's been in the US for last 20 years, have a bachelor and a master degree, currently working with H1B visa, but still was asked to take the English Language Profeciency Exam. I don't know if it's same for the UK migrant programme, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Because if the office won't accept your diploma, the application will be either return to you, or you will be asked to take the exam. Either case, it will delay the process of your application.

Best Regards,
mskiki
No need for hsmp uk to have IELTS. I guess tier 1 system might ask for score band 8 in IELTS, as I read the same some time back.

For canada , yeah to get max language score, need to score min 7 in all four areas in IELTS.