ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my Original PGD certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelloveguy

Lost my Original PGD certificate

Post by angelloveguy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm

I want to apply for Tier 1 General visa soon but I have lost my PGD certificate and the college is now closed and they are not in business any more. Can any one tell me what exactely should I do? I have jsut one photocopy of my certificate.

Pranvayu

Lost PGD

Post by Pranvayu » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Looks like you're s... out of luck. Nothing much to do mate. Originals are a must. You could try and see if Naric would grade your cert but doubt it since the "college is closed".

You could, try and get further qualification from a college that isn't going out of business..

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:05 am

Can I submit a Attested Photocopy and write a letter with a Police report of Lost of my Education documents.

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

If you completed your PG in India...

Post by blacklabel69 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:57 am

Degrees would have been awarded by an University and you can get a duplicate with a police report and some money+patience, if you re-apply at the university.

I am not sure how it works for other countries though.
In any case, you require the original certificates if you claiming points for your Masters.

Good luck !

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

Given that the Institution has pulled its shutters down suggests that it "might" be one of those shady ones. Have you checked on the PBS calculator if the Masters Degree is recognised failing which you will need to get an assessment from NARIC?

Re Original Docs, the PBS Guidance Notes (Page 16) say:
92. Original certificate of award of the i) qualification. This document must be the original (not a copy) and must clearly show the:
applicant’s name; •
title of the award; •
date of the award; and•
name of the awarding institution.•
We will not accept original provisional certificates.

The original certificate of award must always be provided unless the applicant is awaiting graduation having successfully completed their degree or the applicant no longer has the certificate and the institution who issued the certificate is unable to produce a replacement.
The portion highlighted in Red above offers you a window of opportunity provided you have other docs - "an original academic reference from ii) the institution that is awarding the degree together with an original academic transcript.".
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:41 am

yes, My Master degree from India is in PBS Calc and NARIC but my PGD from UK is lost, I have my Indian degree with me as I got a duplicate from India but I haven't got UK PGD certificate and transcript as College is now closed and I only have attested copies with me.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:24 am

Why dont you just use the Indian Master's Degree? Is the issue about 5 points on UK experience?
regards,
push

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:43 pm

yes, as I had my PSW on that PGD .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Without original academic reference and academic transcript, you are out of luck.

regards

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks everyone !!! I have found my original Transcript and confirmation letter. so I can now apply for my Tier 1 without my Original Certificate?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Yes but ensure that the evidence you submit meets the requirements of the Guidance notes.

Page 16 of the Guidance Notes states: An original academic reference from the institution that is awarding the degree together with an original academic transcript.

AND

94. The academic reference from the institution awarding the degree must be on the official headed paper of the institution and clearly show the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of award;
• date of award, confirming that it has been/will be awarded; and
• either the date that the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet graduated) or confirmation that the institution is unable to re-issue the original certificate or award.

The academic transcript must be on the institution’s official paper and must show the:
• applicant’s name;
• name of the academic institution;
• course title; and
• confirmation of the award
regards,
push