ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS cert due to expire

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spfc

IELTS cert due to expire

Post by spfc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi All, this is my first topic in this forum.

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 - General early November and my IELTS certificate was issued on 16/12/2008.

I have read this certificate expires within 2 years, so my question is.. if I apply for tier 1 one month only prior to the expiry date, is there any chance my visa being refused for this reason?

Does not make sense refusing provided it is still valid, but it worth it ask for you guys who are more experienced if this could bring any problem.

Thanks in advance and congrats for this forum!

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:41 am

Sure your ielts wont make any problem.

Pranvayu

IELTS

Post by Pranvayu » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi Mate,

As long as your IELTS is within 2 years on the date of your application, then you're cool. for all dates related calculations, your date of application mattes and not when your applicatin is reviewed by ECO.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 pm

spfc, does the policy document state that the IELTS test result must not be older than 2 years? Or that the IELTS test must be taken within 2 years preceding the application?

regards

spfc

Post by spfc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm

sushdmehta wrote:spfc, does the policy document state that the IELTS test result must not be older than 2 years? Or that the IELTS test must be taken within 2 years preceding the application?

regards
Thank you all for the replies!

Hi sushdmehta, I haven't found this information in the policy but everyone says the IELTS document is valid for only 2 years.. that's why I was concerned about this...