ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as the Spouse of UK Citizen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bonzoman500
Newly Registered

Naturalisation as the Spouse of UK Citizen

Post by bonzoman500 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:26 am

Hello All,
I have a few questions which i hope u can help answer:

a) I am applying at the NCS in Barnet next week and i am using the form downloaded from the IND website as i made mistakes on the coloured one that was posted to me, is this ok?

b)I was previously married and got divorced a few yrs ago, do i need to take the decree absolute with me as it did not specify in the form, only to mention which court the marriage was dissolved.

Thank you,
Benjy

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:43 pm

On the first question, I can't imagine why you should wonder whether the downloaded version of the form should be unacceptable in some way - IND would hardly provide for it to be downloaded if they weren't going to accept it.

The decree absolute shouldn't be essential - presumably you wouldn't have got ILR if IND didn't already accept that your present marriage is valid - and they will know that (assuming the present marriage took place in UK) you couldn't have remarried without producing proper evidence of termination of previous marriage(s). But neither would it do any harm to have it with you and offer it to NCS as part of the evidence bundle..
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

bonzoman500
Newly Registered

Post by bonzoman500 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:33 am

Thanks Paul, Also can u apply to a diffrent local council to have ur citizenship ceremony?. I live in area that has 2 local councils not far from each other and one does the ceremony regularly whilst the one i belong is once every 50 days!!
The 2 councils used to be one before being split into 2 so i dont think this should be an issue??

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:01 pm

bonzoman500 wrote:Thanks Paul, Also can u apply to a diffrent local council to have ur citizenship ceremony?. I live in area that has 2 local councils not far from each other and one does the ceremony regularly whilst the one i belong is once every 50 days!!
The 2 councils used to be one before being split into 2 so i dont think this should be an issue??
I'm sure you can, but I haven't got a form handy at the moment so can't check. I'm sure the NCS office will advise, though, when you go in...

ADDED LATER: Glad to help where necessary, but this question is dealt with very clearly in both the application form and the guidance notes:
..1.19 If your application is approved, you will need to take part in a citizenship ceremony. The venue will normally be
within a local authority area near where you live. If you want to have your ceremony in another area you should give us
details of the local authority location below.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

FromThere2Here

Re: Naturalisation as the Spouse of UK Citizen

Post by FromThere2Here » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:52 am

bonzoman500 wrote:Hello All,
I have a few questions which i hope u can help answer:

a) I am applying at the NCS in Barnet next week and i am using the form downloaded from the IND website as i made mistakes on the coloured one that was posted to me, is this ok?

b)I was previously married and got divorced a few yrs ago, do i need to take the decree absolute with me as it did not specify in the form, only to mention which court the marriage was dissolved.

Thank you,
Benjy
Take your decree absolute with you, just in case. I did NCS in Wandworth and they asked for mine. They wanted to photocopy it and send with my application. I didn't have it. In the end, I received my naturalisation, so I guess it wasn't crucial. But I'd suggest bringing it along.