ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in person at PEO - dependents need to be present?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andynags
Newly Registered

Applying in person at PEO - dependents need to be present?

Post by andynags » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:06 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply for Tier1 extension in next few weeks in Croydon PEO. Although my Tier1 expires in April 2011, I need a VISA for my baby, which was born in UK in Feb this year, to travel to India.

I just wanted to check whether my wife and child need to present in PEO on the appointment day?

Also, are appointments easy to obtain? Can I get an appointment, say, for next week?

Any pointers from your side will be immensely helpful.

Regards,
Andy.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Applying in person at PEO - dependents need to be presen

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 am

andynags wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier1 extension in next few weeks in Croydon PEO. Although my Tier1 expires in April 2011, I need a VISA for my baby, which was born in UK in Feb this year, to travel to India.
Reading Early application for Tier 1 extension may help influence your decision whether you all should apply for extension or whether you should only apply for child's visa.
andynags wrote:I just wanted to check whether my wife and child need to present in PEO on the appointment day?
No, if you are the main applicant.
andynags wrote:Also, are appointments easy to obtain? Can I get an appointment, say, for next week?
You won't know until you try. Family appointments are hard to get.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 am

andynags
Newly Registered

Post by andynags » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 am

Brilliant, Thanks Sush.

I am fine for expiry date starting from the date of application as I have already been in the UK, initially on WP and then on Tier1, for 3.5 years now.

Is there an example of how long it to took get a family appointment?

Unless I register, I can't find the info on UKBA system, can I?

Regards,
Anand.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:44 am

andynags wrote:Unless I register, I can't find the info on UKBA system, can I?.
You may call to check / book.

regards

andynags
Newly Registered

Post by andynags » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks again Sush.

Also, would you know when I make the appointment, would I be doing for 1 or 3, when both of my dependents are NOT attending?

and,

Is there a particular time in the day when slots are released? There seems to be no vacant slots for next couple of months :(

Regards,
Andy.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:04 pm

andynags wrote:Also, would you know when I make the appointment, would I be doing for 1 or 3, when both of my dependents are NOT attending?
Everyone applying will have to be named (and relevant details provided, as asked). As in your case it will be you as the main applicant and the others as additional family members.
andynags wrote:Is there a particular time in the day when slots are released? There seems to be no vacant slots for next couple of months :(
You'll hear many explanations on when the slots are released or what's the best time to book. IMHO, when you find an available slot and are able to grab it (book the appointment), is the (only) best time.

regards