ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tierd 1 (Genral) Migrant 2nd Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

digvijayG
Newly Registered

Tierd 1 (Genral) Migrant 2nd Extension

Post by digvijayG » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:49 am

Hi All,

I fall under the HSMP forum Ltd judicial review policy document (dated FINAL 9 July 2008, per below links)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cialreview

Below is the Time line:

1. HSMP Approval Letter: Sep 2006;
2. Visa Stamped: October 2006;
3. First entered in the UK: Mar 2007;
4. Got the first Extension for 3 Yrs: Oct 2008 Applied under FLR (HSMP) and
My extension was issued under Tierd 1 (Genral) Migrant catgory. I got visa only for 3 Yrs.

But as per the FLR Tier 1(HSMP) Guidance Notes
Extension should grant you either three years' leave or enough leave to take you to the settlement threshold, whichever is the greater.
But in my case I entered 5 month late after my EC got stamped hence I need 5 more month to apply for ILR/PR. but my extension was granted only for 3 years.

I am not sure how should I appeal for this beoz my visa was granted in (Oct 2008) and it was not enough for settlement threshold. I don’t want to pay them for one more extension

In case if I have to apply one more extension under Tierd 1 (Genral) Point base system this would make my case difficult as I am not getting the required points on new rules in my case.

Thanks,
G

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

The visa(s) issued covers 5 year period:
Oct '06 - Oct'08: 2 years
Oct '08 - Oct '11: 3 years

It is not UKBA's fault that you entered UK five months late. You'll need to apply for another extension, which you may do under the old HSMP rules (like you did in Oct '08 ) using FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) form.

regards