ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What evidence/info do we need to send for Fiance Visa UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webb80
Newly Registered

What evidence/info do we need to send for Fiance Visa UK?

Post by webb80 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:47 am

Hi My same sex fiance and I are getting ready to apply for her UK Fiance visa, we need to know what we need to send and how!!

Do I send my letters evidence and docs to her and then she sends them all off together?
Also what do we need to send all the info is so confusing,
Do i have to send my bank statements or just hers, my passport or just hers?
I know i will have to send my mortgage docs but we are just not sure what else to send.
Should I write a letter stating that we are planning to get married etc, and proof emails etc photos that we have met?
I would really appreciate some help on this as we need to get this done asap. and want to be able to put in as much evidence as poss to lessen the risk of being refused..
Thanks in advance
Vicki

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:53 am

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 am

You will need to submit strong proof that the relationship is genuine with evidence of contact and that you are planning a wedding...intended venue, how many guests etc. You must also show that you will be able to support yourselves financially without claiming Public Funds and have adequate accommodation. You'll need to submit a copy of your mortgage agreement, a minimum of 3 months (preferably 6) of your original bank statements and pay slips. Depending on the country of application your fiancee may be subject to the pre-entry English test if you apply after 29th November.
You must both be over 21 at the time of application.

webb80
Newly Registered

Post by webb80 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:01 pm

CASA, thank you for the info can I just ask if we both need to send bank statements or just her?
I am on employment support allowance at the moment as i am sick, i have read that this is fine as long as the applicant has enough funds to maintain herself and that no more public funds will be required to maintain her living here-which it wont. As she has a job offer and we intent to marry asap, i will include all info of my family attending etc.
Also I jkeep seeing different fees, do you know how much it cost to apply online from the usa? Also i believe if you aplly online you then send supporting docs afterwards
Many Thanks
Vicki

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Application fee for a fiancee visa is £644. Then £400 for Further Leave to Remain visa after the wedding (if applied for by post) or £644 if you apply in person. Bear in mind that your fiancee won't be able to work until FLR(M) has been granted and postal applications are taking around 12 weeks to process.
Most applications made in person at one of the PEO's (by pre-booked appointment) are decided on the day.
As the sponsor you will have to submit your bank statements and if you are relying on your fiancee's savings to strengthen the application, the ECO will want original copies of her bank statements too.

webb80
Newly Registered

Post by webb80 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Casa, thankyou for all your info it has really helped, do you know if she can apply in person for the Fiance/proposed civil partner visa in person - she live in Illinois and if so would this be quicker ie decision on the day? Or can you only apply for fiance visa via post/online?
Thanks
Vicki