ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I APPLY FROM INDIA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ABM
Newly Registered

CAN I APPLY FROM INDIA

Post by ABM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello forum,

im currently working in middle-east on work permit, just want to know from this forum that i can apply from India as im Indian my national or do i need to apply from the middle east itself?

im planning to apply on my veccation in India.

FYI: i don't want to leave the current job in Middle East, as the T1 result could + / -

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:35 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ABM
Newly Registered

Post by ABM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:48 pm

vinny wrote:Your choice.
Thanks vinny for the fast reply.

i have one question regarding the bank statements which will be from middle east and this will not create any kind of problem to me while if im applying from India.

Bank statements format match all the BIA requirements....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 pm

It is better you apply from your country of residence. Because if you apply from India, there is no guarantee that your application will be decided within your vacation and might prevent you from travelling and getting back to your work as your passport will be at BHC. Just a suggestion.

ABM
Newly Registered

Post by ABM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 pm

aruni4470 wrote:It is better you apply from your country of residence. Because if you apply from India, there is no guarantee that your application will be decided within your vacation and might prevent you from travelling and getting back to your work as your passport will be at BHC. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for urs suggestion.

YES its v important point u make here. As far as time concern for T1 visa application, we can't predict the actual time frame.

:lol:

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Applications for all other types of entry clearance, including PBS* and settlement (*see tier 5 exception below) should be made in the applicant's country of residence. 'Country of residence' is not necessarily their country of origin and refers to wherever the applicant has permission to reside, e.g. for work or study purposes. Many countries will issue overseas nationals with residency cards in these cases. An applicant who has permission to stay in a country as a visitor for 6 months, for example, is not a resident.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ABM
Newly Registered

Post by ABM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:48 pm

push wrote:
Applications for all other types of entry clearance, including PBS* and settlement (*see tier 5 exception below) should be made in the applicant's country of residence. 'Country of residence' is not necessarily their country of origin and refers to wherever the applicant has permission to reside, e.g. for work or study purposes. Many countries will issue overseas nationals with residency cards in these cases. An applicant who has permission to stay in a country as a visitor for 6 months, for example, is not a resident.
Thanks push.

can i know from where did u get this quote, i mean whether it is mention is T1 application form; may b i miss this point!!!!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 pm

ABM wrote:
push wrote:
Thanks push.

can i know from where did u get this quote, i mean whether it is mention is T1 application form; may b i miss this point!!!!!
Click 'Your Choice' in vinny's post and it will take you to this webpage.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Sorry, I should have provided the Link but aruni4470 has now clarified. Also consider the practicalities as highlighted by him further up.
regards,
push

ABM
Newly Registered

Post by ABM » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 am

push wrote:
i got 1 question to ask that:

if in case the xyz person finishes his contract abroad and get back on final exit then what will b the scenario ....

Any how he will be back to his home country and apply from their, will their be any kind of obstacle in his application. as the above link web page provided earlier doesn't show much information for example like this.

experts advice please.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:08 am

They cannot stop you applying from your country of nationality, as you can always be resident there.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:48 am

vinny wrote:They cannot stop you applying from your country of nationality, as you can always be resident there.
Agree
regards,
push