ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed a post- what it can be

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kakaj
Newly Registered

Missed a post- what it can be

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:45 pm

I sen my biometric data on 17th of September.

I missed a post yesterday (02/Oct/2010) for me and my wife from DX. The fact that this happens so early made me nervous that it can be refusal letters. I won't be able to collect the package till next week friday but keen to know what the content is. In case it is refusal letter, I might decide to take day off to collect to be able to do something for it sooner rather than later.

Does anyone know what posting companies Home Office used for sending
1)ICFN cards
2)Passports and supporting Docs
3)Refusal letters

Many Thanks
Kaveh

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: Missed a post- what it can be

Post by razian97 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 pm

kakaj wrote:I sen my biometric data on 17th of September.

I missed a post yesterday (02/Oct/2010) for me and my wife from DX. The fact that this happens so early made me nervous that it can be refusal letters. I won't be able to collect the package till next week friday but keen to know what the content is. In case it is refusal letter, I might decide to take day off to collect to be able to do something for it sooner rather than later.

1)ICFN cards
3)Refusal letters

Many Thanks
Kaveh
dont be nervous,be positive why you are thinking about refusal why not approval........
be patient
every thing shall be ok
:D :D :D :D

kakaj
Newly Registered

The only thing not sure about

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:02 pm

I applied to swich from WP to Tier 2. My case is strange as I have just 1 day short for being eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.

Over last 4 years and 10 month working for the same company, I have been promoted so have not been able to apply as transitional (as I am not doing the SAME JOB for the same company). So applied as Tier 2 general. But my COS issued based on passing the market test by my employer. They only put a description on home office website that I have been working for them for more than 4 years and so there is no vacancy to advertise for. My only worries is if this is acceptable for the home office although I know it is silly if they ask the employer to advertise a job which is already occupied.

Thanks
Kaveh

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Can someone else pick it up for you? Read the card, they would need to take evidence of your ID.

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:56 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Can someone else pick it up for you? Read the card, they would need to take evidence of your ID.
The only other person who can do this is my wife who will be at work over the office time unfortunately

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Is there anyone who knows about the postal company HO used for sending

1)ICFN cards
3)Refusal letters

Are refusal letters, passport and supporting Docs will be sent together with royal mail or DX

Thanks
Kaveh

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:21 pm

kakaj wrote:Is there anyone who knows about the postal company HO used for sending

1)ICFN cards
3)Refusal letters

Are refusal letters, passport and supporting Docs will be sent together with royal mail or DX

Thanks
Kaveh
try to pick it up tomorrow by yourself or you can send any other person with your proof of id and address..

mimimt

Post by mimimt » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:22 pm

HO uses Royal mail second class recorded delivery, unless you supplied pre-addressed delivery envelopes with your application.

mimimt

Re: The only thing not sure about

Post by mimimt » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 pm

kakaj wrote:I applied to swich from WP to Tier 2. My case is strange as I have just 1 day short for being eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.

Over last 4 years and 10 month working for the same company, I have been promoted so have not been able to apply as transitional (as I am not doing the SAME JOB for the same company). So applied as Tier 2 general. But my COS issued based on passing the market test by my employer. They only put a description on home office website that I have been working for them for more than 4 years and so there is no vacancy to advertise for. My only worries is if this is acceptable for the home office although I know it is silly if they ask the employer to advertise a job which is already occupied.

Thanks
Kaveh
I thought my case was a waste of money, as I was 7 days short of ILR. As to your question, I am afraid that your employer needs to advertise (even though the job was occupied by you). My situation was similar to yours when I extended WP/Tier 2 in August.

Basically, I got promoted twice in almost 5 years but employer never notified HO. When it came to work visa extension, as I was no longer doing the "same" job technically, employer proposed:

(1) notifying the change of my job through a Technical Change in Employment. If HO accepts it, apply under Tier 2 Transitional Arrangement

(2) at the same time, getting ready to do Tier 1 application, as there is no guarantee that HO would accept my change of employment as technical change.

Arguably there was a third route, i.e. employer could advertise my job, but my visa was running out and we didn't have time for that.

Fortunately, in my case, HO did accept the promotion as technical change. The key in my case was in demonstrating that the promotion is normal/expected for people who joined the company same time same position as I did and my salary increase was in line with all other promotes.

I don't know what will happen to you, but hopefully your application will go smoothly. btw, I got my ILR on Tuesday.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:54 pm

kakaj wrote:Over last 4 years and 10 month working for the same company
kakaj, were these 4 years and 10 months spent in the UK on a single 5 year WP visa? If so, you might have applied for Tier 2 unnecessarily.
5.2 Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period wrote:In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the 5 years, provided this period was not longer than 3 months.

regards

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:52 pm

mimimt wrote:
kakaj wrote:I applied to swich from WP to Tier 2. My case is strange as I have just 1 day short for being eligible to apply for Permanent Residency.

Thanks
Kaveh
I thought my case was a waste of money, as I was 7 days short of ILR. As to your question, I am afraid that your employer needs to advertise (even though the job was occupied by you). My situation was similar to yours when I extended WP/Tier 2 in August.

Basically, I got promoted twice in almost 5 years but employer never notified HO. When it came to work visa extension, as I was no longer doing the "same" job technically, employer proposed:

(1) notifying the change of my job through a Technical Change in Employment. If HO accepts it, apply under Tier 2 Transitional Arrangement

(2) at the same time, getting ready to do Tier 1 application, as there is no guarantee that HO would accept my change of employment as technical change.

Arguably there was a third route, i.e. employer could advertise my job, but my visa was running out and we didn't have time for that.

Fortunately, in my case, HO did accept the promotion as technical change. The key in my case was in demonstrating that the promotion is normal/expected for people who joined the company same time same position as I did and my salary increase was in line with all other promotes.

I don't know what will happen to you, but hopefully your application will go smoothly. btw, I got my ILR on Tuesday.
Thanks; my case is very close to yours with one exception and that is my employer applied under passing the market test but without advertising the work and just mentioning that I am a valuable worker for them etc. My visa expires on 17th of October so no time for advertising. I guess if my case gets rejected I should appeal or be ready to send another application under transitional arrangement and argue that my promotion was technical and normal which really is.

Has your case refused and you appeal or just went smoothly? Have you received your passport with recorded royal mail post and your ICFN with DX post? What about the refusal letter if you had any?

Thanks
Kaveh

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:53 pm

razian97 wrote:
kakaj wrote:Is there anyone who knows about the postal company HO used for sending

1)ICFN cards
3)Refusal letters

Thanks
Kaveh
try to pick it up tomorrow by yourself or you can send any other person with your proof of id and address..
Many Thanks;

I will try to pick it up myself and update you on the result guys

Thanks
Kaveh

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:32 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
kakaj wrote:Over last 4 years and 10 month working for the same company
kakaj, were these 4 years and 10 months spent in the UK on a single 5 year WP visa? If so, you might have applied for Tier 2 unnecessarily.
5.2 Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period wrote:In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the 5 years, provided this period was not longer than 3 months.

regards
I am under single 5 year WP. But the case is I applied for visa after receiving the WP from my home country but traveled to the UK to start my work on 14th of November. My visa expires on 17th of October but the earliest day I can apply for ULR based on 5 years - 28 days is 18th of October which is Sunday unfortunately.

Well I did not want to do the rist but if the period between receiving the visa and entering UK can be considered toward the 5 years then all my effort to extend my visa can be wasted time. So my extension gets refused as you suggest I might send an application for PR.

The document you sent is for july 2010 after I received my COS. At the time I wanted to apply I emailed HO and they advised to apply for extension before PR. If I receive my extension, I claim the cost back based on this document and wrong info I have been provided by HO :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 pm

If you travelled to UK within 3 months of the visa being issued, then you could have applied for ILR without the need for another extension. That's what the statement quoted above is all about.

Anyways, what's done is done.

regards

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:59 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you travelled to UK within 3 months of the visa being issued, then you could have applied for ILR without the need for another extension. That's what the statement quoted above is all about.

Anyways, what's done is done.

regards
Well that is true but my problem was that the earliest day I could have applied was 18th of October (based on 5 years -28 days period) but my visa ended on 17th of October. That was why I did not risk it.

mt_dilber

Re: Missed a post- what it can be

Post by mt_dilber » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm

kakaj wrote:I sen my biometric data on 17th of September.

1)ICFN cards
3)Refusal letters

Many Thanks
Kaveh
For passport etc, they use Royal mail recorded and for ICFN they user DX secure courier

kakaj
Newly Registered

Post by kakaj » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Guys,

Today I collected the post and that was our ICFN. I have also received today my documents back the same day I took off to collect the post so was not too much waste of one day holiday entitlement.

Also the letter they provided mentioned that I have claimed for 30 points for COS (based on passing market test as suggested by my employer) but ther awarded me 50 points as they think I am doing a same job for the same spomsor and mentioned I could have applied as transitional. This is embaressing as I spent 108 pounds on IELTS test which was not at all required if I knew that I could have applied as transitional.
It sounds like they consider my promotion as technical change and as no change in job category so promotion does not mean different job to HO. I am going to write a complaining letter to our HR for the fact that they did not know what they are doing.

Meanwhile, I am now filling forms for ILR booked for 22nd of October. just waste of time and money

mimimt

Post by mimimt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Congratulations!

Join the league of the all the people who have wasted money due to visa being only days short.

But hopefully your company will reimburse you all the costs you spent on Tier 2 (my company did) so you only have to pay for ILR.