ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Address Problem

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freemind76

Passport Address Problem

Post by freemind76 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi,

My wife has received the duplicate Indian passport (as it was stolen from the car in India) courtesy Delhi passport office. Everything is fine in the passport except that they have written one digit less in pin code e.g. it should have been 1100XX and they just wrote it 110XX. One less zero :(

Please advice if we should take a pain to go to passport office and get this corrected? Is that going to make a huge difference considering that my wife is planning to file the dependant visa in next 5-6 days.

Expert’s views, please….
:?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:11 pm

IMHO, always better to have such mistakes corrected earlier than later.

This said, address in the (Indian) passport is not the holder's present or permanent address .. it is just the address when the passport application was submitted. And therefore, passport is not necessarily an "address proof".

regards

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Get it sorted if you can but knowing the way indian passport office works I am sure it will be a pain.

Well, Me and my wife both applied for our new passport after marriage.

Pune's passport office did this-

In my passport they typed M.H and in my wife's passport they typed Maharastra.

I guess it does not matter much.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

hi

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:15 am

get it sorted. there should be a miscellaneous service in the passport office and i think they just take a day, in that they will print the errors in a page of the passport as observation and the corrcetion. get it sorted or just apply for a fresh one.and dont forget to attach a letter about that when applying
all the best