ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question, please answer.

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

buckethead
Newly Registered

question, please answer.

Post by buckethead » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 pm

If i get a canadien passport then i will go to the U.S to visit ,do i have to give them my fingerprints at the borders? Europeans have to give the fingerprints. Thank you

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Anyone seeking admission into the US who is visa exempt (not visa waived) is generally excluded from the US-Visit (finger printing/ photo) regime. Most Canadians are visa and passport exempt other than in Spousal, E Treaty and I believe Dipomatic status.

However the DHS can fingerprint anyone seeking admission into the US to include Canadians if they are of interest - the media indicates such to be directed towards naturalised Canadians who were born in countries that are deemed to be state sponsors of terrorism (I don't want to go into a politcal discussion rather that's the US position).

If VISIT is an issue then don't travel to the US.

buckethead
Newly Registered

Post by buckethead » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:41 pm

My question was, i have a canadien passport. So whenever i go to over boarders do i need subbmit my fingerprints?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:56 pm

And my reply was Canadians don't normally get fingerprinted since they are usually visa exempt. However the inspector can fingerprint anyone including you if they want to regardless that you are travelling on a Canadian passport. If you don't want to get fingerprinted don't seek entry into the US.