ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Next after ILR?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

What Next after ILR?

Post by MANILA-PEP » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 am

Just got my ILR from HO PEO Croydon today,Thanks to all forumites for their posts.It was pretty straight forward and similar to all experiences.I will be very glad to know what i am entitled to at this point?

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:52 am

What do you mean benefits etc?

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:55 am

I have one enquiry, i initially had my HSMP in March 2006 and got Entry Clearance( Visa)for one year, i extended for another year and then for Three years but now have my ILR today, question is i am entitled to a refund for second extension?

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:57 am

What simply comes with ILR, i work here in the UK and pay tax i also have wife and Children.I am asking of the benefits relating to issues and housing?

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:50 pm

you can claim child benefits for your kids...best to start the appli now as they have a long processing time...14weeks.

other benefits are means tested so if you're above the threshhold then you're not entitled for such...e.g. tax credits
MANILA-PEP wrote:What simply comes with ILR, i work here in the UK and pay tax i also have wife and Children.I am asking of the benefits relating to issues and housing?

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 pm

MANILA-PEP wrote:question is i am entitled to a refund for second extension?
I would say no, since without having applied for this extension, you would not have reached eligibility for ILR, therefore it was a necessary charge for a step in your visa process, but wait for expert opinion. :)

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:02 pm

child benefits for now...but it will be taken out from all earning 44k as per Chancellor's comments yesterday by 2013.
Markie wrote:you can claim child benefits for your kids...best to start the appli now as they have a long processing time...14weeks.

other benefits are means tested so if you're above the threshhold then you're not entitled for such...e.g. tax credits
MANILA-PEP wrote:What simply comes with ILR, i work here in the UK and pay tax i also have wife and Children.I am asking of the benefits relating to issues and housing?