ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infocen
Newly Registered

When to apply?

Post by infocen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:34 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply in December and started having the required maintanance funds in my account from the 9th of September. What I want to know is if I apply on the 15th of December is it ok if I submit my bank statement from 10th September to 10th December ?

Should I mention that my maintanance funds claim period will be from 10th September to 10th December?

Please comment on the above.

Pranvayu

When can I apply

Post by Pranvayu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi,

You need to maintain funds in your account for 90 days prior to the date of your application. So, operative period from 10th Sept 10 10h Dec bank statments would be perfectly fine.

Please, please, please, be sure to have your bank statements on official letter head, stamped and signed. Many banks will give you perforated account statements but dont' accept these. Even if you have to pay for he original letterheaded statements, do so to avoid complications or rejection of your application.

infocen
Newly Registered

Post by infocen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Pranvayu,

Thanks for the information. When I request my bank for statements they give the statements on a perforated paper which has the bank logo on each sheet. I can get it stamped and signed hopefully. Will that be ok?

Pranvayu

Bank

Post by Pranvayu » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:11 pm

NOOOOOOO

Read thru this forum and you will come across numerous people who's perforated bank statments, although stamped and signed, have been rejected by the case worker.

Pay a visit to your bank and DEMAND for statements on letterhead ONLY. You can also ask them for a certificate of minimum sum maintained for the past 3 months. This isn't required but would help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: When can I apply

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Pranvayu wrote:be sure to have your bank statements on official letter head, stamped and signed.
Statements on letter headed paper need not be signed / stamped.

Please read the policy guidance to understand when signatures and stamps are required on bank statements, and when statements must be accompanied with supporting letter from the bank.

regards