ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused psw with no appeal/review since august 2009.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wonderfulcounsellorbaby
Newly Registered

refused psw with no appeal/review since august 2009.

Post by wonderfulcounsellorbaby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:52 pm

hi guys
i was refused pbs/psw in august 2009 'cos of maintenance and an administrative error on the part of home office (they tried to take £820 instead of £500 from my account which was not in). no right of review or appeal. been living underground with spouse since then (tried to force a judicial review but lawyer said it wd be of no use since the maintenance is still not sorted). Can anyone advice in view of pankina?

Thanks

neighbourboy

Post by neighbourboy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi,

need more information buddy...what do you mean admin error on behalf on home office ? explain briefly.

wonderfulcounsellorbaby
Newly Registered

Post by wonderfulcounsellorbaby » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 am

hi neighbourboy,
in the refusal letter, they stated that they were not able to take the application fee which is £500 from my debt card. they said the fee is £820 which was an error. i had £570 in my acct at that time which meant there wouldnt have been any problem if they tried to take £500. They were able to take £50 for my dependant so there could not have been a problem with my card. by the time they brought this letter, my visa had expired. they ignored the problem when i wrote back to them abt it and refused me on the ground that visa expired and no score for maintenance.