ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 points on United Kingdom experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gauraverma
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 points on United Kingdom experience

Post by gauraverma » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 am

Hi
The description says "£25,000 or more of your previous earnings that you are claiming points for were earned in the United Kingdom"

I was working in Uk 6 months back and now i am in india.
While calculating the points my salary is calculated as : 6 month india sal + 6 month Uk sal.

Now my query is about 25k GBP. I do have UK salary slips which comes around to be 25K but that doest fall in the past year.
Am i eligible for UK experience points??

Please advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:09 am

If the 25K income in UK was not earned during the 12 months earning period then you cannot claim points for UK experience (income).
Tier 1 (General) policy guidance wrote:148. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has either:
• successfully scored points for previous earnings and at least £25,000 of those earnings were made in the United Kingdom; or
• undertaken a period of full-time study in the United Kingdom, of at least one full academic year, and been awarded a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above. The qualification should have been awarded no more than five years before making the application.
regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 1 points on United Kingdom experience

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:58 am

MrCoolio
Newly Registered

Re: UK Tier 1 points on United Kingdom experience

Post by MrCoolio » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:05 pm

gauraverma wrote:Hi
The description says "£25,000 or more of your previous earnings that you are claiming points for were earned in the United Kingdom"

I was working in Uk 6 months back and now i am in india.
While calculating the points my salary is calculated as : 6 month india sal + 6 month Uk sal.

Now my query is about 25k GBP. I do have UK salary slips which comes around to be 25K but that doest fall in the past year.
Am i eligible for UK experience points??

Please advice.
You would not be eligible for the UK experience points.