ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ReadingMI
Newly Registered

Post by ReadingMI » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:32 pm

EMC2 wrote:To all people waiting for the ILR:

Looks like HO speeding up the processing time, informed by my lawyer. He has received most of his client passports filed in June.

Hope for the best.

BR
That's right. Two of my friends (student) got their passport back within 4 weeks before me. Hence, it seems they are speeding their processing time.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:08 am

Do the UKBA record how many times we call up to enquire on progress with the application? If you ring too many times is it detrimental? It seems every time you ring they just read off a script saying "your application has not yet completed" like robots without giving any clear indication of progress

chiko14june
Newly Registered

Post by chiko14june » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:38 am

DEVONIAN wrote:
chiko14june wrote:Finally, received a call from my lawyer informing me my ILR is granted. Waited 8 months + 1 week in total. Thanks so much for the supports I received in this forum.
Congrats Chiko14june! And, the very best wishes for your future endeavours! Were you on student's visa throughout the 10 year period or on a mixture of visa types (e.g. student+wp, etc)?
Mine is a combine of 5 years student visa, 5 days gap, 2 years working holidays and 3 years work permit. People say the working holidays visa doesn't lead to ILR. As a standalone visa, it won't bring you ILR but it can be considered as legal stay.

chiko14june
Newly Registered

Post by chiko14june » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 am

I have the feeling. If you ring them, they will not be able to tell anything during the call but they might pull your case and drop that in front. Also, try email, writing a letter, it doesn't cost you much but why not give that a go?

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 pm

yea i dont think ringing them provides any satisfactory answer at all. do they actually reply to you if you write to them? Have you or anyone else written to them and have they actually responded properly with a progress update? This wait seems endless... On the phone they say "your application has not been completed" every time.. which is so vague.

ku
Newly Registered

Post by ku » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 pm

guys i need help desparately,pls reply me,

i prepared all the documents today for posting tomorrow under 10 years long residency rule (being on student visa for the last 10 years),but this morning i found out that ukba has taken out my college from the ukba registerd colleges list,means they are not a tier 4 licence holder anymore,
im really worried that this would affect my application,pls advise,i feel really lost,i still havent posted the application,

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 pm

ku wrote:guys i need help desparately,pls reply me,

i prepared all the documents today for posting tomorrow under 10 years long residency rule (being on student visa for the last 10 years),but this morning i found out that ukba has taken out my college from the ukba registerd colleges list,means they are not a tier 4 licence holder anymore,
im really worried that this would affect my application,pls advise,i feel really lost,i still havent posted the application,

Hi Ku, just reading your posting. I think you shouldn't worry about your College not making the UKBA list. What you should be concerned with is that you meet the underlisted requirements:

Requirements for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom

276B. The requirements to be met by an applicant for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom are that:

(i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom; or

(b) he has had at least 14 years continuous residence in the United Kingdom, excluding any period spent in the United Kingdom following service of notice of liability to removal or notice of a decision to remove by way of directions under paragraphs 8 to 10A, or 12 to 14, of Schedule 2 to the Immigration Act 1971 or section 10 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Act, or of a notice of intention to deport him from the United Kingdom; and

(ii) having regard to the public interest there are no reasons why it would be undesirable for him to be given indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence, taking into account his:

(a) age; and

(b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom; and

(c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record; and

(d) domestic circumstances; and

(e) previous criminal record and the nature of any offence of which the person has been convicted; and

(f) compassionate circumstances; and

(g) any representations received on the person's behalf; and

(iii) the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, unless he is under the age of 18 or aged 65 or over at the time he makes his application.

Indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom

276C. Indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom may be granted provided that the Secretary of State is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 276B is met.

ku
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by ku » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks devonian,

Thanks for your reply once again,i went ahead and posted the application on 6 october,i got the acknowledgement letter today,now the stressful journey begins,i got advice from solicitors as but i was lost,some of them said i may have to change the college and update the changes to the homeoffice department,but my last visa was under tier 4 cartageory and i know the rules state that if i have to change the institution i have to get the permission from ukba first,
however my course finished in august 2010,i enrolled for a new course in september (same college) and now decided to attend lectures until the suspension matter gets sorted,
in a way i feel down but praying god an hope for the best,if anyone has any advise for my case pls reply me,once again thanks for reply devonian,

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:48 am

Guys I need some advice. If I want to write to the home office to chase my application (been nearly 7 months), could you please tell me where i need to send my letter to and just what I need to write in it? Has anyone written to them before.. if so an example letter would really help. I just want to know detailed progress on my application. Is it with a case worker now, and how long before it is completed and I get it back. i ring them all the time and they give me no info what so ever.

Any help is appreciated as always.

superstar

got it :)

Post by superstar » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi every one its been many days, i was just reading this forum and was just waiting and praying, and today i have got my Passport back with ILR stamp :D . the stamp given place is Croydon dated 12/10/10 and received on 15/10/10.
thanks every one for support, i found this forum very helpful. i pray for all of you who still waiting for their ILR. and may you all hear good news very soon.
thanks again

Kind Regards

syed ali

Thanks God

Post by syed ali » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Every one,
Today i hv got indefinite leave to remain in post after almost 16 weeks, Thanks God, Thank u guys as well to guide me all the way in this process.
Just to let you know my SAR file was showing application raise date is later than the expiry date for example at one occasion my visa was expiring 30th of October and Application raise date was 2nd of november and it happend three time in span of ten years and i was worried about that but now i am quite sure that Application raised date is the date when they start processing your application date not the date when they receive your application and i went to so many lawyers and they were not sure about it and asked around 1000 pounds just to send application so i decided to send by my self and promised my self if i will get indefinite i will donate 500 pounds and thanks God i got it today, guys i will be happy to assist any one of you if you need my help.

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks God

Post by faismala » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:15 am

syed ali wrote:Hi Every one,
Today i hv got indefinite leave to remain in post after almost 16 weeks, Thanks God, Thank u guys as well to guide me all the way in this process.
Just to let you know my SAR file was showing application raise date is later than the expiry date for example at one occasion my visa was expiring 30th of October and Application raise date was 2nd of november and it happend three time in span of ten years and i was worried about that but now i am quite sure that Application raised date is the date when they start processing your application date not the date when they receive your application and i went to so many lawyers and they were not sure about it and asked around 1000 pounds just to send application so i decided to send by my self and promised my self if i will get indefinite i will donate 500 pounds and thanks God i got it today, guys i will be happy to assist any one of you if you need my help.
CONGRATS BRO!

What about ur wife did she get her passport back with the ICFN card ? Did u both apply together? plz let me know

ku
Newly Registered

Post by ku » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:08 pm

wow, congradulations to superstar and syed ali,

syed ali,did you apply under 10 years student long stay catageory,
well done! enjoy the freedom,,,

syed ali

Post by syed ali » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:42 pm

faismala wrote:
CONGRATS BRO!

What about ur wife did she get her passport back with the ICFN card ? Did u both apply together? plz let me know
thanks faismala and ku
i hv sent my wife's and kids passports to FLR(M) deptt. on separate address and i am also wondering what i to do now. shall i have to send my pp to FLR(M) deptt as well to get their visas or just a letter...is there any advice that will be welcomed.
yes Ku i had sent my application under 10 yr long residence on 24th of june 2010 and ILR was stamped on 13th october 2010
thanks again
regards syed ali

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by faismala » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:23 pm

syed ali wrote:
faismala wrote:
CONGRATS BRO!

thanks faismala and ku
i hv sent my wife's and kids passports to FLR(M) deptt. on separate address and i am also wondering what i to do now. shall i have to send my pp to FLR(M) deptt as well to get their visas or just a letter...is there any advice that will be welcomed.
yes Ku i had sent my application under 10 yr long residence on 24th of june 2010 and ILR was stamped on 13th october 2010
thanks again
regards syed ali
Did you sent ur wife's flr(m) application in the same month when u sent your set(o) because it is surprising for me that H O sent ur passport without deciding your wife's flr(m) and not asking ur wife's biometric

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by faismala » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:25 pm

yes syed, i think u need to send your passport or letter that u have ilr.Its better to give HO a call.

syed ali

Post by syed ali » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 pm

faismala wrote:yes syed, i think u need to send your passport or letter that u have ilr.Its better to give HO a call.
thanks Faismala i sent my wife's pp in august but i have already sent mine in june, HO has taken wife's and kids biomatrics though, will call HO on monday lets c what they say...do u or any member knows the number where i should call for such enquiry
thanks

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by faismala » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:44 am

syed ali wrote:
faismala wrote:yes syed, i think u need to send your passport or letter that u have ilr.Its better to give HO a call.
thanks Faismala i sent my wife's pp in august but i have already sent mine in june, HO has taken wife's and kids biomatrics though, will call HO on monday lets c what they say...do u or any member knows the number where i should call for such enquiry
thanks
When u applied for your wife flr(m) in aug , After how many days did they sent u a letter asking about your wife's & kids biometric? plz answer.

Since ur wife and kid 's biometric is taken , i dont see any reason to send your passport or any letter to HO, but any way call on this no 08706067766.

syed ali

Post by syed ali » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:27 am

faismala wrote:
syed ali wrote:
thanks
When u applied for your wife flr(m) in aug , After how many days did they sent u a letter asking about your wife's & kids biometric? plz answer.

Since ur wife and kid 's biometric is taken , i dont see any reason to send your passport or any letter to HO, but any way call on this no 08706067766.
HO sent a letter asking for biomatrics within two weeks but got an appointment in september on telephone
hope that will help
thanks

ReadingMI
Newly Registered

Post by ReadingMI » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:20 pm

syed ali wrote:
faismala wrote:
syed ali wrote:
thanks

HO sent a letter asking for biomatrics within two weeks but got an appointment in september on telephone
hope that will help
thanks
I was exactly a situation as yours. They send my passport back with ILR on the day my spouces passports reached at HO. Since then I was waiting their response whether they ask to send my passport back to them, but in 10 days time, we received a letter for spouces biometric and booked for this week. My ILR on their system anyway, therefore I presume they no longer need my passport to decide my spources application.

hlf2010
Newly Registered

Post by hlf2010 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Dear fellow ILR applicants,

I got my passport back today after roughly two-month waiting. Looks like they are speeding things up or I might be just lucky. Here is my timeline.

Application Type: 6 yrs student + 4 yrs wp
Application Posted: 18/08/2010
Application received: 19/08/2010
Passport stamped: 13/10/2010
Passport received: 19/10/2010

Btw, I don't know how many of you applied through agents/solicitors, but, with no offence, I don't think it's a wise idea to use them if your case is pretty straightforward. Which one do you think they care most, you or your money? I guess the answer is obvious and unfortunately I don't see anything wrong with that. Do you really believe they can turn things around? Come on, don't be so naive. They do not make the decisions on your application after all, don't they? So basically try to avoid them if you don't mind.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and thanks for all the useful infomation you have shared here.

EMC2

Post by EMC2 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 am

ReadingMI wrote:
EMC2 wrote:Hi ReadingMI,

Please could you provide me the list of supporting documents for the spouse application? I have applied my ILR (9 years student, 1 year PSW) in september. Good to prepare my wife spouse visa application well in advance.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

BR
Hi EMC2

If you are applying for extension - 3 month's Bank statement - spouce; 3 month's bank statement - yourself or Pay slip; your passport if you get before hand; otherwise copy of HO letter and cover letter why your spouce not sending your passport, photos and recent passport. That's it. good luck.
Hi ReadingM1,

Thanks for your information.

My Solicotor told me that spouse requires Life in UK test certificate to go on spouse visa. Please could you clear this point.
Shame, most of these solicitors don't know the correct information.
I am trying my best to avoid their expenses services.
Also you mentioned HO letter. Did you mean acknowledgement letter from HO. I am still waiting for my ILR decision.

Thanks in advance.

EMC2

Information

Post by EMC2 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:58 am

Hi SyedAli,

I have applied my ILR in september. Now I want to prepare my wife's application well in advance to avoid any further delay.

Please could your provide me the information to prepare spouse application?

My Solicotor told me that spouse requires Life in UK test certificate to go on spouse visa. Please could you clear this point?
I am still waiting for my ILR decision.

Thanks in advance.
WS

syed ali

Re: Information

Post by syed ali » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:50 pm

EMC2 wrote:
Hi SyedAli,

I have applied my ILR in september. Now I want to prepare my wife's application well in advance to avoid any further delay.

My Solicotor told me that spouse requires Life in UK test certificate to go on spouse visa. Please could you clear this point?

Thanks in advance.
WS
HI EMC2,
I believe that u hv applied ur ILR under 10 years long residence and under this category ur dependants can not apply ILR with u unless ur wife has also spent 10 years lawfully in this country otherwise she has to apply for further leave to remain using FLR(M) as per SET(O) guidance as she is not applying for settlement yet so she doesn't need to pass life in uk at the moment. but u hv to provide some documents like bank statements and home office acknowledgement letter and some other documents from the required doc. list of FLR(M).
hope that will help if u hv any other question i ll try my best to answer
regards
syed

ReadingMI
Newly Registered

Re: Information

Post by ReadingMI » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm

EMC2 wrote:
Hi SyedAli,

Thanks in advance.
WS
Hi EMC2,

Syed is absolutely right. Among the other documents, your marriage certificate, kid's birth certificate with you and your wife's name in it if you have kids, acknowledgement letter from UKBA with cover letter explaining why you unable to submit your passport.