ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation Letter - reply/advise much appreciated **urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carol123
Newly Registered

Invitation Letter - reply/advise much appreciated **urgent

Post by carol123 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi i am sorry i am bombarding the forum today with urgent response questiond but as i have explained in previous posts my mother in law is attending the visa application centre tomorrow and after finding this site today I am now realsing theres a couple of things i need to change.

The question I have just now is if you are asking for your mum to come stay with you for a visit do you need to send her a letter of invitation? Ive been searching online and it seems u only send a lettwer of invitation if its for an event but for family visits its not necessary and only a sponsorship letter would be necessary (along with supporting documents).

Can anyone clarify or correct me on that?

Thank you so much

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Invitation Letter - reply/advise much appreciated **urge

Post by Rozen » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:20 pm

carol123 wrote:my mother in law is attending the visa application centre tomorrow...

The question I have just now is if you are asking for your mum to come stay with you for a visit do you need to send her a letter of invitation?
YES! But this answer is probably too late, as the visa application appointment was yesterday. Hope it went well!

carol123
Newly Registered

Post by carol123 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:19 am

the date was changed to tiday so its all submitted now, thank you for ur reply. the is no letter of invitation but i have put in a letter to the conulate saying we invite her over etc,,, so maybe this is enough... i mean its just not natural to send ure mum a letter to say hi do u want to come stay with us!!! we'll see what happens anyway... i shall let you all know