ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

post study work (can dependent work?)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longwalkhome2010

post study work (can dependent work?)

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:45 am

hi i am a new member to this forum and very glad to come across it. i would like to thank the admin team for creating and maintaining such facility. i am a MBA student in the UK on tier 4 student visa and i will finish the course next june(2011). i am accompanied by my wife who is my dependent (student dependent). i am planning to switch to PSW next year as soon as i get my results. now the question arises that, will my wife (dependent) be allowed to work during my post study work period (2 yrs) ?? i tried to search this for this information on the website but failed to draw any conclusion. i will be very happy if anyone can guide me through this.
thanks
:)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: post study work (can dependent work?)

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:58 am

longwalkhome2010 wrote:will my wife (dependent) be allowed to work during my post study work period (2 yrs) ?
Yes, but not as a doctor or dentist in training posts.

regards

longwalkhome2010

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

thanks v much :D