ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Au Pair?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

visitor123
Newly Registered

Au Pair?

Post by visitor123 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Would employment as an Au Pair qualify as employer sponsored at all? I would be live-in so I wouldnt need much money to get by and I'd still be getting payed weekly.

I've already contacted someone and they have shown interest in hiring me, Im currently in the Uk too except my visa has expired by 3 months already. Ive seen the person and her son and we get along great, i just want to know if i can somehow pull off a work visa and work for her legally. She said if she knew how she'd sponsor me so I need to know what to do. i can always go back to the US, but Id rather stay here in the Uk as I also have a girlfriend here, been here for almost a year.

Any help would be nice.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 pm

No chance, AU Pair and childminders are on the list of ocuppations that cannot be sponsored.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... actice.pdf

Plus you cannot go from visitor-illegal immigrant-Tier 2 worker using an application in the UK. If you left and went to the US to apply for Tier 2 you would face a ban because you have overstayed over 28 days.

In your last post you said you had overstayed your welcome by almost a year and had been working illegaly. It is time to leave the UK perhaps.