ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizen dependent child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

donluis0105
Newly Registered

Irish Citizen dependent child

Post by donluis0105 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi Im a Naturalised Irish Citizen and currently working part time 28 hrs a week. earning just below threshold for 1 child.(less 506 euros a week)

Can I get my non EU child and non EU mother to live with me? child is 14 years old. Me and wife married 15 years ago.

Do I have to earn 506 a month to get my child and spouse? like the work permit holders and green card holders?

thanks in advance for any replies and solutions.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 am

Are you referring to FIS? I think thats only for the work permit holders.
If you are Irish you can get your spouse no problem but the child I dont know to be honest but I think 80 percent maybe you can.

I am not expert on this but others here are. just wait for a reply I guess.
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

fatty patty

Re: Irish Citizen dependent child

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:01 pm

donluis0105 wrote:Hi Im a Naturalised Irish Citizen and currently working part time 28 hrs a week. earning just below threshold for 1 child.(less 506 euros a week)

Can I get my non EU child and non EU mother to live with me? child is 14 years old. Me and wife married 15 years ago.

Do I have to earn 506 a month to get my child and spouse? like the work permit holders and green card holders?

thanks in advance for any replies and solutions.
Your wife will be classed as "Spouse of Irish citizen" and can live with you and your child is dependent on you as he is not 18 yet so regardless of what you earn he/she still part of your family so no worries there. (Wether you are born citizen or naturalized you are "Irish")

For spouse please see below:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

For dependents please see below:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... sh_Citizen

donluis0105
Newly Registered

Post by donluis0105 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks for the reply

Actually I have 3 kids aged 14, 13, and 8 my wife takes care of them. I would have took them before but my wages are low and denied. I recently got my naturalisation and passport and was planning to get my wife and she is willing to find a job to help me with the kids., but I dont want to leave them there in Philippines without any one of us parents minding them. I am planning to get my wife first and daughter so she can get a job and we combine our income together to get our other 2 sons.

But the link you gave me didnt say any weekly wage cap so means I can get 3 kids and wife same time?

Thanks

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:14 pm

You are Irish donluis0105, you need to get out of work permit frame of mind. I know where you coming from that you were refused before but I assume that was when you were a permit holder non-eu citizen.