ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PSW a week before visa expiration

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitin671
Newly Registered

Applying for PSW a week before visa expiration

Post by nitin671 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:39 am

Hello all,

I am planning to apply for my PSW during the first week of November as my transcripts, univ letter are expected to arrive around the same time.

However, my visa expires on November 10th. I cannot apply for premium service as there are no appointments at all. When I asked them if I can apply during the first week of November, that too like 2-3 days before the visa expiration date, they said that it would still be a valid applicaiton. And said the 28 days requirement is just an ideal case but not necessary.

1) I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has gone through the same and have found the process as smooth as it would be for normal applicants whose visa doesnt expire during the course of application

2) I have seen the time lines frm previous threads. But applying during peak times such as october last week and Nov first week, how long would it take to process the entire application?

Zim1

Post by Zim1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 pm

My visa expired on the 5th of September and I posted my application on the 4th of September. My application was valid and I got my visa. They take the post mark date as your date of application i.e my date of application according to ukba was 4 Sept.

Zim1

Post by Zim1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:31 pm

p/s who told you Oct/Nov is peak period. Processing times that appear on ukba appears almost accurate unless there's is some other complication with one's application.

nitin671
Newly Registered

Post by nitin671 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

thanks alot Zim1 .. I am sending my application tomorrow i.e 9th of November and my visa expired on 10th November Hope this works!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 pm

nitin671 wrote:thanks alot Zim1 .. I am sending my application tomorrow i.e 9th of November and my visa expired on 10th November Hope this works!
Keep proof of posting safely in your possession.

regards

nitin671
Newly Registered

Post by nitin671 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:53 pm

thanks.. do you mean the receipt of the postage.