ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For those who got their fiance visa - What next ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Redder
Newly Registered

For those who got their fiance visa - What next ?

Post by Redder » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:18 am

Hello there,

I got my fiance visa on my passport, and am going to be joining my girl very soon now in the UK.
It says under type of visa: VISA MARRIAGE <my fiancee' name>. Despite the embassy saying that this a fiance visa, made me wonder if they had mistaken it for a marriage visa which says that you marry in the UK then leave then have to apply for a spouse visa.

Is my worry in its place, have they made a mistake ?

Secondly, what next? I pack my bags and leave, am i to expect any delay with the immigration at heathrow airport? or its a straight walk in like a normal visit visa?

I understood from the embassy that after i get married i have to apply at the home office for the 2 year extension which allows me to work.
Any idea,
1- where with the home office ? (we are located in West sussex)
2- what documents will be need to get this two year extension ?
3- what form i should fill after the wedding for this extension ?
4- what is normally the processing time or procedure ?

Thanks in advance,

Redder than red ? .... dont think so ... :)

Redder
Newly Registered

Post by Redder » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:25 pm

Anyone ?! please

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:40 pm

Puzzled by the follow-up - you've already received two replies to your identical post in another forum... Isn't their reply notification system working for you? It is for me....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Naiad

Post by Naiad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:28 pm

Congratulations, yes - it is exciting! I got mine not long ago too.

Going through immigration control at Heathrow is a breeze with this visa. I couldn't believe how much friendlier they were than when I went through on a tourist visa.

To answer your questions as best I can;

1. I guess Croydon would be the closest. Make sure you make an appointment.
2. I'm just planning to take my whole folder I used to get the fiancee visa. I know it's probably excessive but at least I won't forget anything
3. FLR(M)
4. As I understand it depends if you apply in person or send it by post. I'm going to apply in person (more expensive but get it back within 24hrs)

Hope this helps. Someone might have more accurate info.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm just planning to take my whole folder I used to get the fiancée visa. I know it's probably excessive but at least I won't forget anything
Do please read the form FLR(M) and take on board the documentary requirements it mentions.

Clearly the previous folder, by itself, is insufficient, if only because that folder will not have included the marriage certificate ... which is probably the very most important piece of evidence to convert a fiancée visa into a spouse visa.
John

Naiad

Post by Naiad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:17 pm

Oh well yeah, obviously you need the marriage certificate, obviously you need your passport but these things and a few others are loud and clear in the list which comes with the form. I thought it went without saying....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:36 pm

I agree .... the form is very clear .... so why are you thinking of submitting lots of items not requested? At the very least all that "evidence of contact" in the folder will not be needed.
John