ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language testing for partners

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siamsteve

Post by siamsteve » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:45 pm

OK hope no one going to think this is a stupid question

Will my wife have to take a English test if she passes the life in the UK test we are will be applying for settlement visa FormsetM next April but i have just read about the English language test which is starting from November 2010

My reason for asking if my wife is able to read and understand the questions on the life in the Uk test i'm sure she does not need to take the English language test she can speak and write english very well

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: English language testing for partners

Post by ElenaW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:48 pm

siamsteve wrote:OK hope no one going to think this is a stupid question

Will my wife have to take a English test if she passes the life in the UK test
Where is your wife from? Does she already hold a spousal visa or will she be applying soon?
I tell it like it is.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:47 pm

If she's applying for ILR next year and is already in the UK on a spouse visa, she won't need to take the new English test. This is for pre-entry or for those applying to remain as dependent (work permit/student)

siamsteve

Post by siamsteve » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:03 am

Hi

Many thanks for the quick responses my wife is from the Philippines and can read write and talk English to quite a high standard so just taking the life in the UK test should be enough? I hope

We applied for the spouse visa in Dec 2006 we got the visa and my wife arrived in Feb 2008 after a very long year fighting UK Goverment over my wife's visa re a mistake UK goverment made everything has been going fine since then now coming to the end only 5 months or so to go and i hope we can end this by getting the Settlement visa Indefinate leave to remain.

We now have the girls over and are living in a private rented property the visa for the kids was very quick no issues there we just need to add them as dependents to the next application on FormsetM.

We are not claiming any beneifts both myself and wife are working and paying tax and national insurance

Our rent and council tax totals over £1300.00 a month we are surving ok without the need to claim anything but i do find it frustrating that i can't.