ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inormation for Pakistani Degree Holders

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jillsjack

Inormation for Pakistani Degree Holders

Post by jillsjack » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:21 am

Hi to All
I am a Mechanical Engineer from NED University.
Well couple of days back I just bumped into someone who has a NARIC subscription. He was kind enough to Logon to the NARIC system and share their database with me.
NED University's 04 year BE Program is equivalent to UK Engg Degree. Also Private Sector and Public Sector Universities recognized by HEC (Higher Education Comission) in Pakistan with 03-04 Year Degree programs are listed. I cant remember all but most were listed.
Note: If you have a NARIC & HEC Recognized bachelors degree (03-04 Years) from Pakistan and follow it up with a masters it is equivalent to UK Masters. Otherwise a masters degree will be considered equivalent to UK Bachelors. Another point to note is that those degrees which donot have sufficient level of intake requirements e.g Mathematics at Bachelors Level as pre req to MBA then such degree are not accepted.
I have narrated what I saw. I hope this helps Pak Degree holders in evaluating before they apply.
J's J

jillsjack

Post by jillsjack » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:34 am

One More thing:
To help your case of HSMP if you choose to apply and even for future use for other employment ops overseas opening up as the world shrinks and Pakistan adpts to better education standards, i would suggest that take memebrships of the professional societies in your disciplines. For example I registered with PAKISTAN ENGINEERING COUNCIL and PAKISTAN COMPUTER SOCIETY before applying. This conveys two messages:
1. Your own country recognizes your area of specialization
2. You are an involved professional and not just a degree holder.

Memeberships have some fees but it is worth the effort. Also beware that registration processes may take upto 1-2 months since most Professional Societies are very slow (and that is true for most of the professioanl societies outside Pakistan also)
J's J

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:29 pm

I have a BCS (Bachelors in Computer Science - 3 years) from Fast-ICS (University of Karachi) and an MCS (1 year) from SZABIST Karachi. Will these two gain me 25 points or 15 points?

In addition, currently I am doing Masters from a french engineering school in paris (again 1 year). It will end in sep 2004.

If the above two degrees will get me 15 points, can my provisional certificate from this masters make it 25 points? Because by the time I get my HSMP processed, I will have graduated. Any comments or ideas?

nanji

jillsjack

Post by jillsjack » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:34 am

Nanji,
I dont see any problem in getting 25 points provided your Masters in France completes and you get the evidence there to your file before the case worker starts considering your file.
J's J

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:34 pm

Jillsjack,

Thanks for the info. This means that my BCS from FAST and MCS from SZABIST wont count towards Masters degree of UK (25 points). Is it your personal opinion or are you saying it based on the NARIC DB?

It would be very kind if you or someone else having NARIC database access can verify that a BCS from FAST-ICS Karachi is equivalent to bachelors from UK and that the MCS from SZABIST is equivalent to the Masters in UK?

If we suppose that I am not able send the MS degree from france before the caseworker looks at my file then you mean I don't get the 25 points?

Best Regards,
nanji

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:38 pm

A Pakistani Masters = UK bachelor

Your masters from France will be considered a Masters degree (if its from a recognized institution).

I am not sure whether FAST is recognized in the UK. Check out with NARIC or the British council.

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:49 pm

Bkhan and JillsJack,

Thanks a lot for clarifying it!

I graduated (BCS) in 1999 from FAST which till then was affiliated with the University of Karachi meaning the degree awarding institution was University of Karachi. And I checked the HEC website that University of Karachi is a recognised university. Considering this and my MCS from SZABIST Karachi (which is recognized by HEC as well), it is giving me 15 points on the basis the Pakistani Masters = UK Bachelors.

The MS I am doing from France may be considered or not i dont know, considering its in french language even though its from one of the top engineering schools of france. It is at the discretion of the Caseworker.

Still I am providing them a provisional certificate for this MS translated and notarised in English. Since my grades are good and very rare chances of me screwing up in my practical training and final presentation, I have requested the university for another letter specifying that I will most likely be graduating in sep 2004.

Solid points would be:

15 points for education (Degrees and corresponding transcripts).
25 points for experience (3 years of good experience, Proof: Experience certificates with detailed job description, Wage Slips and Bank Statement of my salary history)
25 points for past earnings (earned more than 5000 GBP in the 12 months before my becoming a student, Proof: Letter from company specifying my gross salary, Letter from accountant specifying my income tax deducted with salary details, Wage Slips and Bank Statements of my salary history)
5 points for under 28.

Total: 70 points (+ 10 points additional if they give me points for my current MS)

Any more comments on my case by anyone would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
nanji

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:54 pm

Just an update to my post earlier i.e. from year 2000 FAST-ICS has become FAST-NU having gotten their own charter from the government as a degree awarding insitution and its new name is National Univeristy for Computer and Emerging Sciences (FAST-NU) and is also recognized by HEC.

nanji

NomanAli
Newly Registered

Post by NomanAli » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:33 pm

Dear All,

I have a similar situation. I am from Pakistan. I have 3 years degree in computer science from Fast ICS (I gave Punjab University Exams and can present Punjab University Degree and Fast ICS transcript) and 2 year Master degree in Computer Science from Punjab University. This makes total education 17 years. Both degrees are HEC recognized.

As in Uk normally bachelor degrees are 4 years and master degree is of 1 year which makes total years of education 17 year. As I hold both professional degrees and Punjab University is also recognized. What score should I expect in Education Section, 15 or 25?

Replies from senior guys will be really appreciated. : :lol:

NomanAli
Newly Registered

Post by NomanAli » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:35 pm

Sorry to mention that 3 years degree from FAST ICS is Bachelor in Computer Science

shuma_shayan

Post by shuma_shayan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:05 am

Dear Jillsjack,
If we had only done B.E ( Computers 4 years ) from NED and not masters then how much points we will get
15 or 25

please reply ..

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:50 am

Jillsjack and others,

I think this has been discussed several times earlier for pakistani degree by me and many others.

Let me clarify once again;

A pakistani intermediate person who study another four (4) years after Intermediate (either BSc+MCS/MSc) will be equivalent to UK Bachelor Ordinary. If he does 4 years BS degree from HEC recognized institutes then he will be equi to UK Bachelors honors.

Pakistani MS = UK Masters ordinary

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Afzal

shuma_shayan

Post by shuma_shayan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:58 am

so that means i will get only 15 points
:oops:

martian786
Newly Registered

Post by martian786 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:26 am

Hi All

After Intermediate, i did B. Com. (2 years) and MBA(MIS) which was 3 years regular program of six semesters. My whole edcation was from recognized public sector universities. So my total years of regular education are 17 years.

Further I have multiple international professional qualifications in the field of audting/accounting.

What I would get 15 or 25 points for my education.

kind regards

Martian

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:47 am

Hei Martian,
All it depends whether your educational institutions are recognised by HEC or not. Work experience with multinational companies definately matter. It will support your application.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:00 pm

Hei NomanAli,
I could not get my points list with my approval letter from HSMP team last month, so it is bit difficult to say. But, I think be sure about 25 points to apply. Sometimes a case worker encourages those applicants who have strong background in their professional experience and income.

NomanAli
Newly Registered

Post by NomanAli » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:17 pm

One of my friend got refusal, he was awarded 55 points, he confimed me that he was granted 15 points on 3 Years FAST ICS Degree. He made mistake not to file his case with her wife. Now he is reapplying with his wife.

So hope fully HO will grant 15 points on 15 years of recognised and professional education and 25 points on 17 years of recognised and professional education! :! :roll:

Anyone from Pakistan having similar experience or anyone who have evaluated his 15 year or 17 year education with NARIC please share over here !!!

Thanks

MGazan

Please help

Post by MGazan » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:14 pm

Hi Jillsjack

Could please pop-in to NARIC database and tell me if University of Lahore is listed there, as it is already listed as Recognized degree awarding institue on HEC website.
I have done 4-year BCS(Hons) from there.

Please HELPPPPPPPPPP