ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I want to leave the country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cartman
Newly Registered

I want to leave the country

Post by Cartman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 pm

I came to England on a visitors visa in 2002 when I was 15 to join my mother. I have since overstayed and I'm now 24. We applied as a family in 2008 for ILR but it was refused a year later. An appeal was made but the response from the Home Office since has been that it is under consideration. I've completed college and university and with my UK degree I really don't mind going back to my country of origin. At least I will be able to travel and drive and live like a normal person.

Can I leave this country without a passport? My mum is not being helpful because she would rather wait indefinitely for a reply than to contact them, she doesn't want me to request for the passport because it might jeopardise her own chances. (She cannot go back - long story - she ran away from a violent marriage and is partly disabled)

Pranvayu

getting out of country

Post by Pranvayu » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Mate,

Really sorry to hear about your case but have faith that there's always a way out. I would suggest that you visit the embassy of your originating country and secure a new passport. You may (should) have the old passport with you still? See advise of immigration lawyer and establishe that since you want to leave voluntarily, the immigration authority will not stop your departure. I think it should be fine.

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

I know you can travel out of the UK with an Emergency Travel Certificate(ETA) but that could alert the IO's at the airport to ask questions. Having said that, I think its worth waiting for or seek expert solicitor's advice, they may write to the HO regarding your application.

Good luck
Live and let live

unknown

Re: I want to leave the country

Post by unknown » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Cartman wrote:I came to England on a visitors visa in 2002 when I was 15 to join my mother. I have since overstayed and I'm now 24. We applied as a family in 2008 for ILR but it was refused a year later. An appeal was made but the response from the Home Office since has been that it is under consideration. I've completed college and university and with my UK degree I really don't mind going back to my country of origin. At least I will be able to travel and drive and live like a normal person.

Can I leave this country without a passport? My mum is not being helpful because she would rather wait indefinitely for a reply than to contact them, she doesn't want me to request for the passport because it might jeopardise her own chances. (She cannot go back - long story - she ran away from a violent marriage and is partly disabled)
on what babsis did u apply for ILR? and if your application was refused how did u made the appeal against it?also i guess appeals can be made in the immigration tribunals(courts) and not to HO. as tribunals r obliged to give you a hearing. so i think your case is that u applied under article 8 n may be you have a legacy case under consideration!!

Cartman
Newly Registered

Post by Cartman » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for your replies but I've looked into these suggestions before

To Pranvayu: No the HO still have our passports

To HRY2005: To get an ETA I have to file a police report that my passport is missing or stolen - I should also have a home address in the country I'm going - I don't. I haven't been there for almost 10 years. I don't really know anyone there apart from facebook friends - I left when I was in school

To unknown: Yes it was under article 8 largely surrounding my mums disability but unfortunately the lawyer made the appeal to the Home Office.

How do I know if it's now a legacy case?

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Cartman wrote:I arrived in the UK aged 15 in 2002 on my own with a six month visitor's visa to join my mother who had been here (she had a 2 year visitor's visa) She enrolled me in a school where I completed my GCSEs, went to college, got 3 A-Levels, went to University and got a BA degree and graduated last year. (All paid for by myself. I haven't got a student loan or any benefits of any kind)

Now that I'm trying to get a job at 25, it is literally impossible and I'm strongly thinking about just returning to my home country, as I will definitely be fine for work etc with my UK degree. But of course I don't want to be banned from returning. (I am planning to come back study a Masters degree here in the future. And with a student visa I might add)

In 2008, she applied (for both of us) for Discretionary Leave to Remain on the basis of her health. She is disabled - but works (very hard selling stuff) It was refused and so was the appeal.

I also happen to be in a relationship with a British citizen who propsed six months ago but of course I know we will not be able to get married here. My partner would be happy to travel with me and help get a spousal visa but I don't really know if that would be given to a previous overstayer.

How to leave is also an issue because the HO, still haven't returned our documents (I think they are expecting us to appeal again)

I'm really stuck in a rot and don't know what to do.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.