ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent - Showing Maintenance fund outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pskumar
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent - Showing Maintenance fund outside UK

Post by pskumar » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:02 am

I have tried to search the topics. But couldn't find something to match my case. It is a bit urgent so posting my case here. Please help me.

I got Tier 1 in Oct 2008, Never Traveled to UK
Got married in Feb 2010.
Am traveling to UK in Oct 2010 with a job

I have to apply for a dependent Visa for my wife now. I read from the posts that when for applying now I need to show GBP 2800 + 1600 as I'm still outside UK.

Question 1: So if I apply the dependent visa immediately after going to UK then GBP 800 + 1600 is enough. Correct?

My wife have a fixed deposit of around 1300 GBP. Cashed any time.
I have a fund maintenance of 1200 GBP in my account. Both are in INR in India.

Question 2: So immediately after landing in UK can I use both of the above accounts in India as the proof of maintenance to apply for visa for my wife. Or do I need to have UK account for 3 months with sufficient fund availability.

Help me please. I need to sort this out as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependent - Showing Maintenance fund outside UK

Post by push » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 pm

pskumar wrote:Question 1: So if I apply the dependent visa immediately after going to UK then GBP 800 + 1600 is enough. Correct?
Yes
pskumar wrote:Question 2: Or do I need to have UK account for 3 months with sufficient fund availability.
You can use funds available in India. You can search the forum re specific point of FD
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

pskumar
Newly Registered

Post by pskumar » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:41 am

Thanks a lot Push.
One more clarificaton. Immediately after landing in UK I could get only emloyment letter from the employer to show that I'm employed. There wont be any payslips or bank statements in UK. So is this fine?
As I mentioned before for the fund maintenance am going to use the accounts in India.