ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adamski2010
Newly Registered

maintenance funds

Post by adamski2010 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi all,

Background:
I am preparing to switch from post study worker main migrant to post study dependant on my wifes visa.My wife is currently a dependant on my visa, and our visa expires on the 4th of Dec. We have just got a child, and we wish to return with the child to our home country to make the application.

Question

I have maintained(all in pounds) 1250 (my account) and 4750 (joint account wife n me) in another. Because i was getting the money in as i got paid i only managed to raise the 2800 for my wife on the 11th of Aug, meaning she can make her application to be main migrant after 9 november.
The next 1600 was in the account by the 20th of augs, meaning next application can be made by the 19 of Nov, and the last 1600 matures end of November.

Ideally we should make the application together, but because i need the same money for airfares and applications. My question is is it possible that on the 10th of november i print a statement of the joint account as proof of her 2800 thereafter withdraw 2800 to cater for travel expenses etc, then she makes her application on the 11th of November, Meaning end of November when i make the last application for me and my child i have the bank statement with 1250 and one from the joint account showing 1950, all dated end of november and another one from the same joint account showing 4750 but dated 10 November.

The idea being that statements should not be more than 30days preceding the 90days, so even though the joint account will show 1950, the statement dated 10nov of the same account showing 4750 plus the 1250 will be proof that 6000 pounds was kept over 90days for the main migrant and the 2 dependants

Sorry for the long email, but i felt i needed to be clear and conscise, i hope i have acheived that.

Could the moderator and any other person offer their advise

MrCoolio
Newly Registered

Re: maintenance funds

Post by MrCoolio » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:15 pm

adamski2010 wrote:Hi all,

Background:
I am preparing to switch from post study worker main migrant to post study dependant on my wifes visa.My wife is currently a dependant on my visa, and our visa expires on the 4th of Dec. We have just got a child, and we wish to return with the child to our home country to make the application.

Question

I have maintained(all in pounds) 1250 (my account) and 4750 (joint account wife n me) in another. Because i was getting the money in as i got paid i only managed to raise the 2800 for my wife on the 11th of Aug, meaning she can make her application to be main migrant after 9 november.
The next 1600 was in the account by the 20th of augs, meaning next application can be made by the 19 of Nov, and the last 1600 matures end of November.

Ideally we should make the application together, but because i need the same money for airfares and applications. My question is is it possible that on the 10th of november i print a statement of the joint account as proof of her 2800 thereafter withdraw 2800 to cater for travel expenses etc, then she makes her application on the 11th of November, Meaning end of November when i make the last application for me and my child i have the bank statement with 1250 and one from the joint account showing 1950, all dated end of november and another one from the same joint account showing 4750 but dated 10 November.

The idea being that statements should not be more than 30days preceding the 90days, so even though the joint account will show 1950, the statement dated 10nov of the same account showing 4750 plus the 1250 will be proof that 6000 pounds was kept over 90days for the main migrant and the 2 dependants

Sorry for the long email, but i felt i needed to be clear and conscise, i hope i have acheived that.

Could the moderator and any other person offer their advise
Ideally they clearly say statement should be within 30 days which in your case would be.. But I would suggest not to take the chance of withdrawing the money. Keep the money in account till you recieve your passports.
Also, God forbid incase the application is withheld or rejected, then you would again need to show the money to re-appeal.. ! Better safe than sorry. I got my PSW Visa 6 months back and would be applying HSMP soon.

adamski2010
Newly Registered

Post by adamski2010 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:45 pm

Thank you for the sound advice, i will play on the side of caution. Cheers