ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENTLY NEED AN ADVICE......PLEASE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

name
Newly Registered

URGENTLY NEED AN ADVICE......PLEASE

Post by name » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 pm

hi, I urgently need an advise.

I came to England 5 years as an asylum seeker with my brother and was granted limited leave to remain for 5 years..this expires in three months...the problem is that we before coming to uk had already been asylum seekers in other country...and we haven't told that to the home office...my brother a year ago returned to the other country and has given up his uk limited leave to remain....but i am still here and i am afraid that when i now apply for settlement in uk i will get refused or even deported....i have no idea what to do..please help as i do not want to go back to the other country,as i love my life here and just started at University...Ps; i also had my daughter here....please give me some advice urgently..than u

Tahir Bashir

Re: URGENTLY NEED AN ADVICE......PLEASE

Post by Tahir Bashir » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:50 pm

name wrote:hi, I urgently need an advise.

I came to England 5 years as an asylum seeker with my brother and was granted limited leave to remain for 5 years..this expires in three months...the problem is that we before coming to uk had already been asylum seekers in other country...and we haven't told that to the home office...my brother a year ago returned to the other country and has given up his uk limited leave to remain....but i am still here and i am afraid that when i now apply for settlement in uk i will get refused or even deported....i have no idea what to do..please help as i do not want to go back to the other country,as i love my life here and just started at University...Ps; i also had my daughter here....please give me some advice urgently..than u
You state you intend to apply for settlement. Which settlement you intend to apply and under what?

It seems you are a Legacy case as you applied for Asylum before March 2007. Under Legacy you may get ILR directly, providing you submit the relevant and supporting documents to to your Legacy Team. You state fear of deportation, well if your circumstances warrant, you may need to submit a Fresh Claim (but it depends on your individual circumstances).

name
Newly Registered

Post by name » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:51 am

firstly thank you for answering so quickly...
i have been granted asylum as 'a refugee as defined by the `1951` geneva Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its Protocol (Refugee Convention) and have been granted asylum in accordance with the Immigration Rules.
i have been told that i need to fill in SET Protection forms to apply for an extension,since my 5 year leave to enter or remain is expiring soon...
i hope i answered your question...what i am worried about is that because i have lived in in an other EU country as an asylum seeker before coming here, my claim will be rejected because i withheld that information and will be sent back to that country because i applied for asylum first there...

name
Newly Registered

Post by name » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:53 am

SET (Protection Route) to apply for permission to settle in the UK (also known as 'indefinite leave to remain') as a refugee or someone granted humanitarian protection.