ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adamski2010
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds

Post by adamski2010 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:32 am

Dear All,

Just wanted a quick clarification. I got my PSW and its about will expire in 2 monthes time. My wife has just completed her masters and wants to apply for PSW.

I know we both have to return to my home country and my question is how much money should we have for maintenance, considering she has been in the UK since last year in May, and would have left here and there to other parts of europe as part of her studies

THANK you

bethnalblue

Re: Maintenance funds

Post by bethnalblue » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:33 am

If your wife is planning to apply from home country for PSW visa then she will require £2800 in her bank a/c for a period of 90 days and make sure that her a/c does not fall below £2800 even by a pound in this period.

Goodluck

Hassan3034
Newly Registered

Post by Hassan3034 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:49 am

hi
but why you gonna go back to your home country while you could she could apply in the uk??

adamski2010
Newly Registered

Post by adamski2010 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:14 pm

well from my understanding , the rules suggest she or we can only apply from outside the country. The reason being that when she was studying she was a PSW dependant , and to switch or become a main migrant under PSW we have to do it outside the country.

Whilst we on the subject, i dont if anyone has had the experience, is it better/ cheaper that we apply as a family at the same time, or its better to let my wife go to my country and apply before the visa expires then i will apply after her , so in the event that she is unsuccessful i have at least a few weeks to pack up and leave the UK.